PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ready To Track My Z06 On a Road Course! How Am I Looking?

n8dogg
October 3rd, 2011, 11:50 AM
Hey all, in one week I will be participating in a performance driving education event at Watkins Glen. I am hoping some of you could take the time to look at my tune and offer any advice in things you may see that will help keep my engine safe while ripping around the track. For those of you that are unfamiliar with Watkins Glen, it is a long road course that is heavy on the throttle and heavy on the brakes. 150 MPH would be the highest I may see.

Here is some info on my car:
2004 Z06
Stock LS6 Engine, Trans, and Diff.
Long Tube Headers with high flow cats.
K&N intake with Halltech MAF straightener.
180* stat
E10 fuel in this area, untested.

I do not have a recent log for this tune. The weather has been rain, rain, rain and I have not driven the car much at all. I am hoping to get a log in this week.

Thanks in advance! I hope to hear from some of you soon.

slows10
October 3rd, 2011, 12:01 PM
No advice for the tune. But just want to say that is gonna be a blast. Would love to try something like that. Watkins glenn is a killer track. Never drove it but seen a few cup events there.

n8dogg
October 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
No advice for the tune. But just want to say that is gonna be a blast. Would love to try something like that. Watkins glenn is a killer track. Never drove it but seen a few cup events there.

It's a great course, challenging and located in one of the most beautiful spots in the world. I have been to a few performance education events there, not as a student but a guest. I was able to get a few rides from instructors and wow it is the best roller coaster in the world. I'm very excited to be driving my car on the track. It's not that difficult to get into if you ever wanted to try.

slows10
October 3rd, 2011, 12:20 PM
It would be fun to drive the S10 with the good suspension on that track, but the engine might leave me a bit disapointed as it is pretty much still stock and lame lol. But good luck and let us know how you did.

n8dogg
October 3rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
It would be fun to drive the S10 with the good suspension on that track, but the engine might leave me a bit disapointed as it is pretty much still stock and lame lol. But good luck and let us know how you did.

I'm not sure what the regulations are for trucks, if I remember correctly you can not run them in this type of school as well as convertibles with out a cage. But other than that any enclosed or caged car is allowed as long as it passes the tech inspection.

slows10
October 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Aw really that stinks. Its a 2wd drive truck not like a lifted 4x4. It has the factory ZQ8 sport suspension with front and rear sway bars good springs and shocks. Lowered from the factory. Handles great. Sorry to be off topic.

joecar
October 3rd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Keep us posted.

joecar
October 3rd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Is B3603 "Commanded Fuel in Engine Protection Mode" stock...?

Either way it seems too lean.

L31Sleeper
October 3rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Suggestion...............2008 Z06

n8dogg
October 3rd, 2011, 05:16 PM
Is B3603 "Commanded Fuel in Engine Protection Mode" stock...?

Either way it seems too lean.
Yes that is the same as the stock tune.

Suggestion...............2008 Z06

? What do you mean? I have several customers with C5 Z06's that are faster around Watkins Glen than C6Zs. It's more of a driver track than vehicle. And being a same platform, upgrading the C5 to C6 spec is easy.

L31Sleeper
October 3rd, 2011, 05:44 PM
I was joking around.......I guess I should have put more thought into it.