PDA

View Full Version : OS 11352409 for Manual Transmission Trucks

DoghouseDiesel
October 4th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Guys, this is just an unmolested 409 OS for manual transmission trucks.

Some folks were asking for it, so here it is.

This came off of a friends '06 truck that has had it since new and has never done a single thing too it.

AdamRRT
October 5th, 2011, 02:10 AM
What advantages does this *409 OS have for manual guys that other OSes don't?
Thanks.

trqfun
October 5th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Yes, please explain what the advantage is. Do you think this would address the 2, 3 gear lazy fueling (I don't know how else to describe it) see my thread that no one cares about: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17356-2006-5.9L-Manual-truck-is-a-dog

TwoStroke
October 5th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Can I use this to get script of Gift tune and run the script on an auto OS?

DoghouseDiesel
October 5th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Can I use this to get script of Gift tune and run the script on an auto OS?

Shouldn't be an issue. It's the same OS.

Just keep in mind, that tune is gonna be stronger than a stock torque converter will handle for very long.

If you don't have a build trans, I'd go easy with it. The stock TC is only good for about 40 - 60 hp over stock.

TwoStroke
October 5th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Thanks

DoghouseDiesel
October 5th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Wait, there is already one posted for the auto's.....

I thought you were talking about something totally different.

TwoStroke
October 5th, 2011, 06:28 AM
The OS I have on the auto is a 602. The gift tune and this stock os is 409. I want to create a script from this stock OS and the Gift tune and run it on the 602 OS. Should work right?

2006Cummins
October 5th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I am also wondering what the difference are between the 602 and the 409 OS. My stock os was a 409, but bully dog messed that up for me so I ended up with a 602 os. Maybe it was just me, but I drove my truck on the stock 602 tune and it didn't seem to run as good as my stock 409 tune. Since my original os was a 409, I should be able to just flash it in, right? I need to learn this "script" stuff you guys are talking about too...

Mike

AdamRRT
October 6th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Scripts are good for experimenting. I *THINK* some mail order tunes are scripted instead of emailing the whole tune, but I'm not sure. The tuners on here can elaborate. This helps:
http://tinyurl.com/42wk2cf

trqfun
October 6th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Does this OS not have the "speed management" limiter? Are there any advantages to this OS? I think Chrysler released a TSB flash to act as a clutch saver. See my post and link to the TSB in another thread.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17356-2006-5.9L-Manual-truck-is-a-dog

TwoStroke
October 6th, 2011, 04:23 AM
I am also wondering what the difference are between the 602 and the 409 OS. My stock os was a 409, but bully dog messed that up for me so I ended up with a 602 os. Maybe it was just me, but I drove my truck on the stock 602 tune and it didn't seem to run as good as my stock 409 tune. Since my original os was a 409, I should be able to just flash it in, right? I need to learn this "script" stuff you guys are talking about too...

Mike

Scripts are a quick way to "copy and paste" calibrations from one tune to another. Lets say for instance you change the sensor scaling on multiple tables to fit your style of tuning. You can create a script and run it on new base tunes that will make all the adjustments without having to go through and manually make the changes to each table.