PDA

View Full Version : How are you guys adjusting your MAP sensor?

427lightning
October 6th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Just curious if anyone is adjusting tables E3254 and E3255 to try and read boost more accurately above lets say, 50#? Is there a way that it can be calibrated so lets say at 80# boost, it is at 5 volts? Or, are our sensors only good to the 51.4# that is the stock default?

DoghouseDiesel
October 6th, 2011, 03:15 AM
It's only a 3 bar sensor....it won't read that high. You can set the numbers as high as you want, the sensor isn't physically capable of reading that pressure.

427lightning
October 6th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks for that. Are there any options out there for putting a different sensor in and calibrating it with EFI Live? I read about guys doing it with Duramax's, but haven't seen anything for us Cummins guys.

2007 5.9
October 6th, 2011, 12:45 PM
May I ask why??

~Les

427lightning
October 6th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I guess just for the sake of logging boost accurately. Otherwise, no other reason.

DoghouseDiesel
October 6th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Well, you could use any 5 volt or 12 volt map sensor (like an Innovate, etc.) and use as an external input into the V2, but as far as one being a direct replacement for the Cummins part number, I haven't seen one.

I'll call Cummins in the morning in the and see if there is higher pressure MAP sensor, like a 5 bar that is a direct fit.

I have a feeling I know he answer already, BUT I'll at least give a call and see.

427lightning
October 6th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Well, you could use any 5 volt or 12 volt map sensor (like an Innovate, etc.) and use as an external input into the V2, but as far as one being a direct replacement for the Cummins part number, I haven't seen one.

I'll call Cummins in the morning in the and see if there is higher pressure MAP sensor, like a 5 bar that is a direct fit.

I have a feeling I know he answer already, BUT I'll at least give a call and see.

Thanks!

That would be awesome if they made one, but I'm also assuming what the answer will be......

2007 5.9
October 6th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I guess just for the sake of logging boost accurately. Otherwise, no other reason.

Thought that might have been the point but wasnt too sure.

~Les

killerbee
October 7th, 2011, 04:12 AM
A more practical idea, you can probably build a custom calc.pid that can back calculate boost from MAF (assuming it is not limited also), rpm, air temp, and baro.

DoghouseDiesel
October 7th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Baro is limited also.

TexasCummins
October 7th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Every time I tried to change the boost voltage to pressure table the truck throws a soft code and goes into limp mode until it's cleared... which will reset the next time you start it.