PDA

View Full Version : Problems with tune not following scan

pavetim
October 7th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Ok on my 07 LMM i did some logging yesterday and noticed while crusing it would use the transient timinig tables then after maybe 10min would gradually work up to low alt tables. Now this is a steady cruise set a 50, very small hills and never touched throttle or brake. And I noticed on my mileage tune I have some vane positions set at 6% to reduce boost but sometimes it commands 0-2% and when it gives throttle it will command 60-80% now while the numbers are fairly irrelevant, what i'm trying to figure out is those number i cannot find anywhere commanded, so where the heck is it pulling them from. Any help would be apprecated.

pavetim
October 7th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Ok nevermind I read DDP post and see the problem. I should have the latest OS but i'll double check.

joecar
October 7th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Latest is on downloads page at www.efilive.com.

pavetim
October 7th, 2011, 04:41 AM
My build is fairly new but i'll update anyways. So the newest build fixes the problems with the 8594 OS that I been seein and reading about.

pavetim
October 21st, 2011, 01:04 AM
Well I just copied and pasted the Low alt tables into the Transient tables and it follows good now. I still would like to know the correlation between regular and Transient tables. I know the theory that when throttle is applied it goes to transient tables, but how much throttle? Cause highway cruising it would stay on the transient tables then after about 5 miles would slowly go to the regular ones. Now I don't even see the purpose of transient tables, thats why we build new timing, boost, etc tables so when you step on throttle it gets the parameters you want.