PDA

View Full Version : Error codes opening V7.5 or V8 programs

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 12:44 PM

Any idea why I'm getting this or what it means? It started after I tried to hook up my V2 to read my ECM & for whatever reason caused some black screen of death on my brand new laptop.

Ira
October 7th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Use:
Start =>Programs => EFILive => V7.5 => Tools => USB Manager to uninstall and re-install the USB drivers. Try the old version fisrst and if that doesn't work, try the new version.

I always unplug the V2 before uninstalling the drivers.

Ira

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 01:31 PM

Now what?

joecar
October 7th, 2011, 01:39 PM
You have to first login into Windows as Admin.

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 01:41 PM
The only login I have is set as the Admin.

Ira
October 7th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Start =>Programs => EFILive => V7.5 => Tools => USB Manager

When you get to USB Manager, right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator"

Ira

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Thank you, that worked. I'm still getting error codes opening the programs & I can't register through Help => Register EFILive...

Ira
October 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Without knowing the error codes, we can't help you. What does I can't register mean?

Ira

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM

Here's what I get when I try to open V8.

I never had a problem with the programs or playing with stock tunes from the web until tonight when I wanted to pull my stock tune. Took everything out of the box & following the EFILive Dodge Cummins Quick Start PDF hooked it up like it said. As soon as I plugged the V2 into the USB port my computer went to some black screen & said something about error & dumping something.

All I know is I have over $1600 in a laptop & EFILive & I can't get it to work & have no one anywhere near me that I know of that can help me out. I send Rich a message on here asking if I could make the 6.5hr drive down to his shop for him to help me but haven't heard back yet.

Taz
October 7th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I find Windows 7 can sometimes cause issues when loading the software. When you download the software from the EFILive website choose the "Save" option NOT the "Run" option.

These should download to C:\Documents\Downloads ... after the downloads are complete, go to this folder - there should be 2 files there - one for V7.5 the other for V8. Select V7.5 - right click and choose "Run as Administrator" - the software will then load. Repeat for V8.

I'm running the software on both Vista and Windows 7 platforms ... Windows 7 seems a little more "specific" on how it wants to load the programs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Taz

Ira
October 7th, 2011, 02:05 PM
OK. Did you try both version of the USB driver? The USB manager lets you uninstall the current driver and then install either Version 2.02.04 or Version 2.08.14.

Have you tried with both versions and do you get the same result with both versions?

Ira

Ira
October 7th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Also, you should not run both V8 and V7.5 at the same time. Not that I think you were doing it, but in general it won't work.

Ira

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Ok, tried uninstalling both V8 & V7.5 & reinstalling using the right click "run as admin" but i'm still getting the same error message from the first post.

I wasn't running both versions at the same time but thanks for the heads up & I did remove the USB drivers & install both of those versions. I'm not sure if it works yet because I still can't register the V2 this way.12086

On my registration card it has the license type as the same number as the serial number but here it's asking for something different. 12087

Taz
October 7th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Start V7.5 ... Help menu ... Register EFILive .... Licence 1 ... enter the information from your "Blue Card" exactly as it appears ...

Enter serial number ... leave RoadRunner blank ... Commercial Scan & Tune as the type ..

Regards,
Taz

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I can't, on the blue card my License Type is a number not one of the options from the drop down box.

Taz
October 7th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Serial number and licence type will be the same number on the Blue Card .. sorry should have mentioned that ... just enter Commercial Scan & Tune as the licence type

Regards,
Taz

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Alright, thank you! I was being honest, I kept trying to use Personal or Other instead of Commercial lol. Now lets go see if I can pull my stock tune or not.

Taz
October 7th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Great to hear you got it out of Demo mode ... you need to confirm the Bootblock and Firmware programming in the V2 before you try to use it ... these generally arrive with the latest software installed ... but connect with EFILive Explore to confirm...

Regards,
Taz

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I did have to update both the Bootblock & Firmware, thanks for the heads up on that. Everything seems to be working right now, thank you guys so much, if you were closer I'd foot some food & beers for us.

DoghouseDiesel
October 7th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Sorry I just saw this.

Where'd ya send me a message? I haven't seen anything.

Taz
October 7th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I did have to update both the Bootblock & Firmware, thanks for the heads up on that. Everything seems to be working right now, thank you guys so much, if you were closer I'd foot some food & beers for us.

You are very welcome. I was in your area earlier in the summer - the hospitality to a "stranger" was very welcome. Ended up purchasing a project vehicle in Alabama - great trip.

Regards,
Taz

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM
On here, thought the send email option under a username was the same as a private message on other forums, guess not.

On another note, I have the factory 409 OS but noticed after I pulled it that the BD corrupted the file. Do you forsee any issues if I load your gift tune on?

DoghouseDiesel
October 7th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Here is what you need to do.

Before you mess with any other tunes.....load a clean, unmodified, unmolested tune on there.

Get ride of that BD crap.

DoghouseDiesel
October 7th, 2011, 03:15 PM
On here, thought the send email option under a username was the same as a private message on other forums, guess not.

Yeah, I've been on and off all week. I'll spare ya the details, but this doctor crap is kickin my azz.

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Alright, I'll hit it with that OEM409 tune you posted the other day first.

DoghouseDiesel
October 7th, 2011, 03:32 PM
That's a good idea.

Make sure you change the VIN before you start it.

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Alright, just got back from a test drive. Never imagined it would have taken that long to get it on there but that little gift tune runs awesome Rich.

DoghouseDiesel
October 7th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Like I said, that tune is pretty tame, but it'll give you something to work with.

It's a baseline that you can build on. There's nothing there that will blow up the motor, but it's definitely got enough to give your trans a challenge.

LaydSierra
October 7th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I could see it slipping an auto, my SB3600DD didn't mind it at all.

DoghouseDiesel
October 7th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I can change that..... :grin: