PDA

View Full Version : 902hp Common Rail Dodge Single turbo FUEL ONLY!!

2007 5.9
October 8th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Last night I was up late like a mad scientist with my tuning project sled pulling truck named "The Left Coast Hooker". Truck has been sled pulling for two seasons and has been gaining hp all along.

Last season we spent the entire season with a "Box Tuner" stacked with a TST box...made high 600's on fuel with a Single 71mm turbo, With the advent of EFI Live we were able to push those numbers to the mid 700's on fuel. A couple of months ago the owner decided to make a jump in fuel and air, he stepped up to large injectors and a single 78mm turbo. I'll also add that this truck see 100miles everyday as a commuter.

We spent a few hours a month ago on the dyno and with being very tired, I was able to get low 800's out of her...still on the track she was lacking hp to keep the turbo lit on the top end. With nothing ever being good enough for me, we decided to put her back on last night..and I wasnt stopping until i reached the goal I had origionally set when this latest combo was born.

After 10 runs last night I met my goal....901.69hp...truck ran perfectly and even had a little surprise for us. A local friend came down to watch the events unfolding and noticed we had a little red glowing flame coming from the stack in the upper end of the runs. So I watched the stack on the next run...and sure enough we had ourselves a beautiful 1ft tall fuel flame coming from the stack in the bed. Now I know that we were squeezing every last bit from this combo and that she was enjoying it very much.

When the night was over, the owner drove it home in delight..we have our next sledpull in 1 week...hes looking forward to it very much.

One thing that was very elating was the truck makes over 700hp from 2400rpm all the way to 4200rpm, and that we gained in certain places over 100hp from the beginning run of the evening.

I am here to say that without EFI Live this would have been VERY difficult to accomplish..but like I said...10 runs and it was done!!!

Here is the graph...blue line is first run of the night...and red line was the kicker!!!

comnrailpwr
October 8th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Graff looks really nice, great work fellas.

Jake

Dmaxink
October 8th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Very nice Les, Graph looks like it had some time spent on it..nice and smooth :-)... well done brotha, way to rep EFILIVE!

2007 5.9
October 8th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys!!!

It's a labor of love!!

~Les

DoghouseDiesel
October 8th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Very nice, Les!

Looks good.

chance cobb
October 8th, 2011, 01:44 PM
nice

ScarabEpic22
October 8th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Awesome, simply awesome.

IsbeInside
October 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I would like to, in my first post ever on this forum, give a big thank you to Les. His ability to tune and the not good enough mentality has made tuning this truck exciting and fun. We came in to this round of upgrades with an idea. i gave him the challange and he meet the challange head on. Thanks Again, Les.

EfiLive is something of a revolution in the diesel community that needs nop more explaining. i do feel bad for those not using or unable to use it. they are BEING left behind.

Jason
SBT/LCD

GMPX
October 9th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks guys, threads like this make all those long hours we do looking at a computer screens worthwhile. It's great to see those who were longing for a tuner like EFILive for the Cummins diving in to this with everything they have and getting results that put any of the existing tuners to shame.

Cheers,
Ross

FUBAR
October 9th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Congrats!!!

olboyowl
October 9th, 2011, 03:22 AM
nice job les. congrats on meeting your goal