PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to just disable Reduced Engine Power mode?

JUSTASBC
October 10th, 2011, 09:22 AM
As the title says, I would like to completely eliminate it. I have spent numerous hours and money trying to get rid of it, and I can not for some reason. I am specifically getting P2101.
Thanks,
Daryl

Taz
October 10th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Hello Daryl

What controller and OS are you working with ?

Regards,
Taz

minytrker
October 10th, 2011, 11:00 AM
There is no way to disable it completely. I fought a E38 LS3 with a pro charger with that code for almost a month before getting it figured out. Post up your ECM type and what mods are done.

JUSTASBC
October 10th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I bought an 05 Silveraddo with a 5.3 that was completely stock. I installed Texas Speed and Performance 2.5 5.3l heads, 224/230 114 cam with 600 lift, headers dual 3" exhaust, water/meth injection, 87mm truck T-body, X-link, 4" intake pipe, and a Magnacharger with a 2.9 pulley(making about 10PSI boost). I was occasionally getting a P1516 code, and was advised that it was the T-body, and that I should switch to a LS7/LS3 T-body. I purchased a new LS7/LS3 T-body off of Ebay part #12605109. When I installed the LS7/LS3 T-body I did not get P1516 any longer, but would occasionally get P2101 when I was crossing the traps. I just kept driving it, and just assumed it was nature of the beast. I ended up switching to a 2.6 pulley (about 13PSI boost), and now get P2101 all the time. If I am holding the throttle over 65% with the engine running I get P2101. The throttle blade is moving completely free, and not binding at all. I can not get P2101 no matter what when the engine is off. Grant was helpful enough to swap out X-links just to be certain, and the problem remained. I tried a TAC module to another working vehicle today with the same results. I even replaced every bit of wiring between the TAC module, and the T-body with new properly crimped and soldered ends. I also replaced the ground on the back of the pass side head by cutting a small portion off, crimping a new end on, and soldering it even though it looked and tested good.

I am runing a COS 3 OS #05120003, and am using a V2. I am running an OLSD. I will always get P2101, and usually P0102 (I do not have a MAF at all). I feel that this is due to an excessive amount of air moving, but have increased some of the settings to the max with the same results. I guess it could also be a defective T-body, but it was brand new. The truck is a very clean truck that has never seen a winter. If you would like I can post the tune. Thanks for all of your help.

Daryl

Taz
October 10th, 2011, 02:15 PM
As a disclaimer, I don't do FI tunes ... but you are working with a Gen III engine, so if all else fails, you can switch over from a DBW system to a DBC system. 2005 trucks and SUVs were DBW, some vans were DBC - usually the same OS.

Regards,
Taz

ScarabEpic22
October 10th, 2011, 05:46 PM
What have you done to the predicted airflow tables and ETC rationality tables?

JUSTASBC
October 11th, 2011, 11:32 AM
What have you done to the predicted airflow tables and ETC rationality tables?

I have increased everything I can think of to deal with airflow, and have had no different outcome on the REP mode. I actually think the problem might be with {C3003} Predicted MAP Max, but I have increased it to the maximum, and it doesn't appear to be enough.

JUSTASBC
October 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM
...if all else fails, you can switch over from a DBW system to a DBC system. 2005 trucks and SUVs were DBW, some vans were DBC...

I received a tune for an Express van that should work (thanks Slow10), but I am not sure how to do the swap. There are 8 wires running from the TAC module to the ECM. I would assume at least 2 of them are the TPS wires, but have no clue what the others are. Does anyone know how to do the swap?

Taz
October 11th, 2011, 12:35 PM
OK ... several things ...

DBC setups don't use a TAC module ... they do use a Cruise Control module which looks similar to a TAC (except for the 4 feet of cable attached). You will require a cable TB, cable gas pedal, and if your vehicle is equipped with Cruise Control - this module also.

You will need schematics for your truck and an Express / Savana van. If the tune Slow10 sent you is OS 12606807 - its probably the 2006 Express DBC tune from the Tune File Depot website.

If your original OS was 12592618 (2005) a DBC Express / Savana tune using this OS would be easier to integrate into your truck.

Regards,
Taz

minytrker
October 11th, 2011, 02:52 PM
P2101 is usually from the boost making the TB blade move when the PCM didnt command it to. There is a very small tolerance for this. You can adjust some settings in the tune for the P1516 but if you can not get rid of the P2101 about the only two things you can do is move where your blow off valve is or install a new TB. I ended up putting 2 different brand new ones on the LS3 car before it quit throwing the code.

JUSTASBC
October 11th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Minytrkr,

Thanks for the input. I was thinking it may have been the TB, but since it was new I didn't want to go that route.

I wonder if I could maybe connect the wires to both TPS's to make them at the same position all the time. I will dig into this a bit more.