PDA

View Full Version : LMM Fuel Pressure issue

LBZoom
October 13th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Hey guys,
I've got a customer that bought a V2 from me and some tunes, he flashed them in and they ran great for him, the next day he fired the truck up (still had it on the lope setting) and it threw a couple codes and went into reduced power..... One of the codes was P0090, the others were of the same nature....

I figured he may have shot the regulator, so he bought a new one and put it on, truck would crank but not start, I told him to check for leaks on his filter housing and sure enough there was one, so he got it started and it threw the P0090 code and reduced power again....

I had him log actual vs desired FRP and desired was 4000 something, actual was 11806psi..... we worked with FPR calibration but to no avail, the lowest he could get it was around 10000psi.....

any other sugggestions or did he fry and ECM or something?

Thanks!

jeckeler
October 13th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Have you guys tried loading the stock tune back in to see if the problem persists?

Mike

JoshH
October 13th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Is he running a lift pump? If so, how much pressure?

LBZoom
October 14th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Stock tune has the same issue..... he claims it has a factory lift pump, but I didn't think they did. He bought the truck used so I'm thinking someone bolted one on there..... he said he unplugged it and it ran okay for about 5 minutes :/ ?

He himself hasn't added a lift pump though so he has no gauge, but that was my same thought, if it has a lift pump it has to have an adjustment.....

killerbee
October 16th, 2011, 04:34 AM
If you post the log, it might be helpful.

LBZoom
October 16th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Well there wasn't much to log, it barely even came off idle he said. He's found an ECM for dirt cheap he's gonna go ahead and try that early this week sometime. I'll keep you guys posted!

LBZoom
October 25th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Turns out the customer had some wires mixed up when he put the new regulator in.... dealer said the plug in for the alternator and the regulator are the same and he had them crossed, supplying constant voltage to the regulator?!