PDA

View Full Version : Auto Cal Liscense Info

Mike@Vengeance
October 14th, 2011, 02:59 AM
I have a autocal. The tunes are writen I just want to load them up.

When I put the autocal in the car (2010 F-Body) and go to do the read it does nothing. I go to read 1 and hit okay and Nothing happens.

I went into my EFI Live Explorer and put the tunes in there but no where do I see LOAD or Program for the AutoCal. I have read the quickstart 5 times and I can not get step one of Liscensing the ECU?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Ira
October 14th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Open up EFILive Scan and Tune, then click the BBX button. Makes sure only the ECMs ad TCMs you're interested in are checked in both the tune and scan sections.
Then click the tiny arrow on the right edge of the program button and choose Format config file system. When that finishes, clear the dialog and then press Program. When that finishes, try again.

Oh, also make sure you're using Scan and Tune Build 170 and that your Autocal has bootblock 2.07.03 and firmware 2.07.22.

Ira

Mike@Vengeance
October 14th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Open up EFILive Scan and Tune, then click the BBX button. Makes sure only the ECMs ad TCMs you're interested in are checked in both the tune and scan sections.
Then click the tiny arrow on the right edge of the program button and choose Format config file system. When that finishes, clear the dialog and then press Program. When that finishes, try again.

Oh, also make sure you're using Scan and Tune Build 170 and that your Autocal has bootblock 2.07.03 and firmware 2.07.22.

Ira

That worked. I got the read on the car atleast. Now if wouldn't mind HOW do I upload my tunes to this baby V2.

Thanks So much

Ira
October 14th, 2011, 06:50 AM
To upload a tune, you'll need the tunes from your tuner. Use EFILive Explorer to copy the tunes into the Tune folder on the F3 data files tab. Also back up your stock tune from the Read folder and keep it in a few safe places

Ira

Mike@Vengeance
November 11th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Okay here is the deal. I have a V2 also.

When I plug the Autocal in it shows the read. But when I try to copy with COPY/Paste the TUNED FILES or drag it down to the tune part of the F3 part it shows a Error: $0194: Write Failure

How do I designate where I want the file to be put on the autocal device. Tune 1,2,3 ect.... How does it LOAD? When or IF I get the file to drop into the Tune F3 setup does it automaticly go into the Autocal??

Guys any help would be Great Thankyou SO much for your help IRA.

Ira
November 11th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Try putting the tune file on your desktop and then dragging it from there directly into the tune folder in EFILive Explorer. That has worked on occasion.

Ira

Mike@Vengeance
November 11th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Try putting the tune file on your desktop and then dragging it from there directly into the tune folder in EFILive Explorer. That has worked on occasion.

Ira

Gave it a shot and no luck. Samething.

How do you designate where the file goes. Do you have to do anything beside plug in the Autocal.

When you drag the file over how does it know where to go. Prog 1 or 2 or 3 ect...

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks agian