PDA

View Full Version : bbx wont read the engine tune

restless@westnet.com.au
October 14th, 2011, 04:05 PM
hi guys
i have a slight problem v2 not reading the engine tune says error #050B script file not supported by current ver ??
Ive just downloaded the latest up grades v7.5 and v8 and up graded the firm ware and boot block on the v2 ( wouldn't work with the old ver aether)

all so i cant drag a tune file straight into the v2 from explorer any more ? says its not a ctd file ? it will go in but wont show up on the tune list on the v2 but does show up on tune in explorer ?
its been about 4 months since i did any thing with the v2 and the car, was all good before
i can up load a tune with pass through with the v2
but the v2 still wont read it after its in the ecm ?
cheers

Taz
October 15th, 2011, 03:19 AM
You need to:

format the Config File System in the V2
program Controllers to the V2
program PIDs to the V2
Connect your V2 to your computer. Open V8 Scan and Tune. Select "F5: BBX". Select "F3: Tune". At the bottom of the screen there is a red "Program" button. There is a small arrow on the right edge of this button. Click on the small arrow and a 3 option pop-up menu will appear.

Select the "Format Config file system" option. After this is complete, click on the small arrow again - this time select the "Program ALL Required Data" option.

When this is complete select "F2: Scan". Select the "Program ALL Required Data" option.

You should now be able to copy *.ctd tunes to your V2 - and flash these into a controller.

Regards,
Taz

restless@westnet.com.au
October 15th, 2011, 02:22 PM
hi TAZ thanks a lot
yes its all good now EXCEPT i still cant transfer a tune from explorer to the v2 i mustn't be doing it wright ? as i have never done it before with a v2 only with auto cal

with v2 connected i highlight tune in the lower left column of explorer then left click on the tune in the upper half of explorer then drag it to the lower half of the page and drop it
it says not a dtc file do you want to go ahead anyway ? i hit ok it transfers the file
and it goes in some where( lights on the v2 flash ) and when i hit read it shows up
but when i connect to the car and go to ( flash cal ) there's nothing there just says (read ) on the screen and it wont do any thing when i hit OK ?
can you give me a walk through on that please
everything else is fine now i can read the engine tune and it saves it as a # and can flash it back in from the v2 but i want to rename some tunes so i know which is witch
thanks again
bob

joecar
October 15th, 2011, 05:12 PM
From the V7 tunetool, did you save the .tun file as a .ctd file...?

Can you post a screenshot showing what you're doing...

restless@westnet.com.au
October 15th, 2011, 08:51 PM
no i dident it was all ready a dtc file from oz trac i thought
i will email a page shot as i dont know how to post one here

joecar
October 16th, 2011, 01:35 PM
See here: Attaching an image to a reply (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image&p=157341&viewfull=1#post157341)

joecar
October 16th, 2011, 01:35 PM
It has to be a .ctd file (not a .dtc file).

restless@westnet.com.au
October 16th, 2011, 02:10 PM
yes i ment *.ctd* sorrey got it backwards is this the way its writen ( .*CTD* ) ?