PDA

View Full Version : Data Logging Help

djfrazier
October 16th, 2011, 04:21 AM
I have searched all over and not found a direct answer to what I am looking for. I am trying to see my logged (recorded) information in the dashboard, but none of it is shown when I play it back. I have the pid's for fuel selected and validated, but i don't see anything going on in the graph or in the dashboard for it. I am extremely new to this, maybe I am just over looking something.

tinman
October 16th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I need some help with this also.

AdamRRT
October 16th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Just one part - Be sure you've got the same PIDs selected in dashboard that you were monitoring while recording.
Now I'll step aside as that's the limit to my knowledge in reference to the info you've offered.

Blacky
October 16th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Do you see the logged data in the [Data (F9)] tab page?

If the data is there, then (as AdamRRT said) it is likely that the charts and gauges are not set with the same PID names.
You can right-click on a gauge and select "Gauge Properties" to select the PID (parameter) that you want it to display.
You can right-click on a chart series title and select "Chart Properties" to select the PID (parameter) that you want it to display.

Regards
Paul

djfrazier
October 16th, 2011, 01:40 PM
let me try that to be sure, i may be back! thank you all very much!

JoshH
October 16th, 2011, 04:59 PM
When you record, are you clicking the red button or the yellow button?

djfrazier
October 17th, 2011, 12:25 AM
no, i got the recording down lmao i understand the difference in the yellow and red. i also have the data in the data tab, i tried changing the gauges and it seems to be working alright now! thank you all! i really just dont know enough about this to do very good! my friend has been doin the tuning for me lol but we need the data logging to see whats goin on with the truck. what do you guys recomend changing first to try and get a tune equivalent to maybe a smarty or something? is it pretty hard to get that far with it or what?