PDA

View Full Version : Injector Config guidance... I think im getting there....

Behold
October 18th, 2011, 01:01 AM
see this thread for info http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16466-Injector-tables....

I have Bosch 0280155968 injectors and after a quick run out my standards are not up for the job. there cycling at 120%

From my reading many just change the IFR. But surely thats only the start?? from what I see I need to change the following tables.

{B4006} Small Pulse Threshold
{B4001} Injector Flow Rates
{B4003} Minimum Injector Pulse Width
{B4004} Default Minimum Pulse Width
{B4005} Small Pulse Adjust

So the question is to WHAT!!!!

The IFR seems easy. Take your fuel rail preasure and the rated preasure of new injectors put it in to the XLS and cut and paste.... Simple.

The other confuse me.... I found the following infor that might help.

http://www.boschdealer.com/specsheets/0280155968cs.jpg

Any guidence is grateful. Ill start puting up the details as I get it and hopefully I can fit these shortly.

Thanks

joecar
October 18th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Subscribing.

[ edit: attached Behold's link inline here for easier viewing ]

5.7ute
October 18th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Changing that info into GM units is quite a complex procedure from all accounts. Personally I would get injectors with known GM values. Failing that there is enough info there to rough up some tables.
For instance AHISL tells us that when injecting more fuel than the breakpoint value(0.0000212 lb) the injector flows at 0.011947 lb/s (or 5.41906 g/sec) at 39.15 psid. psid being the pressure differential between the fuel rail & intake manifold.
This along with FNPW_HSCOMP can be used to build an accurate IFR map.
FNPW_OFFSET & FNPW_OFFCOMP are used to build a Voltage, manvac offset table.
FUEL_BKPT is back calculated to give small pulse threshold.
ALOSL is used to calculate small pulse adjust etc.
Greg Banish apparently goes into this in detail on his DVD. It might be worth your while getting a copy.

Behold
November 2nd, 2011, 10:18 PM
Right I have conflicting information but I think its work a go. I have a worksheet sent from CAPA to aid me with the data. Its for the SVO 42# injectors but I have found a few sites telling me that these are the same injector specs as them and will work on there figures.

Can I just convert the data from this and put it in to EFI Live or does some extra converting need doing???

As to IFR Ill mesure my rail and use the XLS on here to populate that so that leaves pulse mins and widths and voltage.

Ta

Behold
November 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM
OK Im going to sort these injectors if it kills me. I need a little help.

FNPW_OFFSET is this at 0Vac?

And FNPW_HSCOMP how is this applied? @ 39.15 there is no change in Flow rate. So do I work out what the multipler is at 58psi???

If thats the case can I use the Injector XLS to give a liner figure and then just adjust the figures by this multipliers??? or not worry?

More questions im sure.