PDA

View Full Version : EFILive For The Win!

DoghouseDiesel
October 30th, 2011, 10:49 AM
The BOMB'r made it into the 6's on the 1/8th today.

Made 3 passes today, all on street tires because I was being too lazy to change to the drag radials.

The first pass was a 7.32. Made a few tweaks for some more fuel on top and the next pass was a 7.12, which WAS the trucks best ever pass.

Made a few more tweaks and on the next pass the truck busted a 6.999 with a 1.57 60' time at 99 mph on the 1/8th.

To translate that to a 1/4 mile time....a 6.95 is a 10.84 and a 7.00 is a 10.92....so the truck "should" be in the 10.90's now!

The trucks previous best time with a box tune was 7.32.

Keep in mind....this is my daily driven STREET TRUCK, not a trailer queen. I towed our 24' trailer with the Chevelle to the track, made these passes and pulled it home.

EFILive FTMFW!

:rockon:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/Cumminalong/Truck Pictures/699atPC.jpg

DODGE74
October 30th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Wow Rich,

its amazing that your running these times with such small nozzles. Most guys are doing this with 300hp plus sized tips and a box tuner.

Congrats. :cheers:

DoghouseDiesel
October 30th, 2011, 11:12 AM
And I'm not running high rail pressure either. I don't run more than 24k of RP. Not worth it.

It was a clean pass too. Just a light haze at WOT, which is right where I wanted it.

DoghouseDiesel
October 30th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Now, I weighed the truck last week also....

Without me in it, it weighs 6980 lbs. Add my 220 azz and it's 7200 even.

To go that fast, at that weight, takes 911 hp at the wheels....think it's time to strap the truck down again and make a few more pulls this week.

AdamRRT
October 30th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Impressive for sure, Rich! Wow man. That's just sweet.
I wonder if that 1/4 time pans out when talking about trucks like ours with such horrible aerodynamics. I know it works with cars, but this brick, I'd be ecstatic to hit an 11.2. Impressive either way. Just wondered if you think the aerodynamics will reduce the quarter mile time. Which of course means nothing if you're always on the 1/8. Man that's just killer times man. I don't care if you hate me (haha), you still get props from me.

AH64ID
October 30th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Great runs!

olboyowl
October 31st, 2011, 04:20 AM
nice job man. can u get anymore fuel out of it to spray or r u maxed out with the injectors?

DoghouseDiesel
October 31st, 2011, 04:38 AM
nice job man. can u get anymore fuel out of it to spray or r u maxed out with the injectors?

It's still got more in it. I'm not maxed on duration or RP yet and I can always toss more nitrous at it, but I'm at a point that I'm comfortable with it right now.

The goal for it was 7.0 / 11.0 and it's there, so I'm good.....for now.

2007 5.9
October 31st, 2011, 05:28 AM
Awesome job Rich!!!

Dmaxink
October 31st, 2011, 05:43 AM
Awesome rich!!

DoghouseDiesel
October 31st, 2011, 06:05 AM
Thanks guys.

I was stoked when he handed me the time slip and I saw the 6.999

The goal for the truck this year was 7.0 and 11.0 and the only reason it did it in it's current configuration was using EFILive.

The fastest this truck went in it's current configuration with it's previous box tunes was 7.32 on the bottle and it was out of fuel, and this was on the drag radials.

My truck isn't running huge injectors, they're only 36 lpm (160 hp) nozzles. They're nothing fancy, just a set that I had Lenny at DDP hone for me for something in between his 120's and 200's.

This is also the tune I run everyday. All I did was tweak the WOT fueling and it picked up over 3/10's.

The data logging alone is worth the price of admission with EFILive. That right there is what let me make the right changes in the right spots.

For anyone reading this that doesn't think that EFILive is all that and a bag of chips for a Cummins....you're only lying to yourself. The results don't lie.

Master Contractor
November 4th, 2011, 04:53 AM
GREAT JOB TUNING THAT BEAST RICH!!!! I am completly stoked now that i have seen this from you being we have very similar modifications. I havent started tuning for all out power yet
but I have figured out how to get rid of all the haze at idle and have a smooth running truck on the street. Ridding my tail pipe of all the haze when sitting in traffic or idling in a parking lot
when i go into the store was my one and only goal to accomplish when i started tuning now i can move forward in over all tuning. Again CONGRATS ON YOUR HARD WORK.

mattyfz450
November 28th, 2011, 01:39 AM
did you run those time on fuel only or were they with spray?? You have a really similar set up to mine minus spray if you were using it. Ive been shooting for 7 flats as well seem to be stuck at 7.5's... which is really frustrating because I ran 7.5s with 650hp when I had 90's and a stock cp3... now I did flux 3.5's and a stage 3 cp3 and STILL ran 7.5's. I was a little angry. But that was all with the smarty so now im stepping up the game with efi live which ive been working on getting set up right with Zach from starlite diesel. Although we are running into lots of issues with my truck... weve tried like 9 different tunes so far just trying to get one that my truck will run correctly on without throwing codes (p0602 p0633). The p0633 is on all the time on every tune weve tried no matter what, and i also get a p1222 coming on some times when the dam wait to start like comes on in the middle of a run... idk weve tried everything, multiple different stock tunes including california tunes. Hes a great guy to deal with, I just feel bad that my truck is giving him so many issues (hes been helping me all weekend... EVEN on sunday)

DoghouseDiesel
November 28th, 2011, 07:27 AM
On motor and and street tires, it does 7.31 / 7.32

I picked up another 70 hp in this last nitrous tuning session, so it should be pulling high 6.80's, low 6.90's on bottle

mattyfz450
November 28th, 2011, 09:12 AM
ahh id love to try your tune... wanna sell it??? haha just kidden. But i cant wait to get my truck tuned right with efi live. Im going to the dealership tomorrow to get a fresh full factory flash in hopes to solve my issues... Also what kind of billet shaft are you running in your tranny that are holding up to 25lb launches? Ive already twisted my billet opie input and broke my stock intermediate launching at 20... now im running a billet sonnax input and a opie intermediate hoping that they hold up, though im worried about the input...

DoghouseDiesel
November 28th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Mine are Sonnax shafts. I twisted the original one that was in it, but that lasted about 3 years.

I'll pull the trans down this winter to freshen it before next season and check things out.

I fully expect to pull mine down once a year to freshen it. If nothing else it lets me catch things before hand.

mattyfz450
November 29th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Mine are Sonnax shafts. I twisted the original one that was in it, but that lasted about 3 years.

I'll pull the trans down this winter to freshen it before next season and check things out.

I fully expect to pull mine down once a year to freshen it. If nothing else it lets me catch things before hand.

Yea that's kind of the point that I'm at... It sucks that I'm gonna keep trashing bullet shafts but what can ya do... I might try the big opie shaft if I twist my sonnax which I'm sure I will.

DoghouseDiesel
November 29th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Before you do that, give Garmon a call. He stopped using the fat shafts, at least on anything that isn't retarded, stupid power.

He's got the new cryo'd shafts that are supossed to be the cats azz without stepping up to those big suckers....and the $3k price tag associated with the swap.

mattyfz450
November 29th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Before you do that, give Garmon a call. He stopped using the fat shafts, at least on anything that isn't retarded, stupid power.

He's got the new cryo'd shafts that are supossed to be the cats azz without stepping up to those big suckers....and the $3k price tag associated with the swap.

Yea the sonnax that i just put in is one of the new cryo'd shafts so maybe this one will hold up... who knows. I figured I give it a shot before going to a big shaft, maybe ill luck out and it will surprise me. I wonder how much stronger they are after being cryo'd??? Im pretty sure my old opie that i had was not cryo'd so at least I "upgraded" some from what I had.

DoghouseDiesel
November 30th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Well, it's held up to my launches so far.

Mines been able to tote the tires as well as handle getting sprayed with it locked in 2nd gear.

We'll see. Things go boom. It happens when ya play.