PDA

View Full Version : How to read BIN files from ECM?

engimuneer
November 2nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
Howdy,

We're dealing with several E37 ECMs and while EFILive has been great for the tuning. I need to alter the OS from several different years. Does anyone have a good way to read an unencrypted & non proprietary BIN file from the computer? I've looked into flash readers, etc..., just not sure best method.

Thanks!

ScarabEpic22
November 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
I would like to know as well, I know for a fact that using a FlashScan or AutoCal this cannot be done (at least with non-dev EFILive proprietary software). Does TunerCat work with the E37s? I believe there is a read option that lets you save them as *.bin but I cant guarantee that as I dont have access to it.

kangsta
November 2nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
EFILive will open a bin file but wont save to one.

Blacky
November 2nd, 2011, 12:21 PM
Howdy,

We're dealing with several E37 ECMs and while EFILive has been great for the tuning. I need to alter the OS from several different years. Does anyone have a good way to read an unencrypted & non proprietary BIN file from the computer? I've looked into flash readers, etc..., just not sure best method.

Thanks!

We can do a one-off conversion from *.tun (or *.ctd) files to bin format.
Send the file(s) you want converted to me at paul@efilive.com.

However what we won't do is continue to convert the same file to *.bin as modifications are made to that file.
Folks have asked us to do that in the past so that they could reverse engineer our calibrations.

Regards
Paul

schwoch1
November 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I don't belive TunerCat will do E37's... WHat is the make/model/year of the PCM/car? I know you can save as a .bin with tunercat!

MIke

engimuneer
November 9th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the offer Paul, YGM.

Schwoch, you are correct, no E37 for the TunerCat.

roughneck427
November 17th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Yes Tunercat will read with the CAN interface press ctrl alt T in winflash and will open test function to read in .bin format

playtoy_18
November 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah,TCII as far as I know has always been able to read most any GM .bin,even before the CAN interface.
The test function has always been there,I used it to pull V6 files when he was developing the def files.
I was under the impression it could read anything in GM .bin format in the test function.
Doesn't mean anything can be done with what you pull,but a download could be done.