PDA

View Full Version : hi idle

easymon
November 3rd, 2011, 05:16 AM
Have ? is there a way to set the prefences of the factory idle up not talking about the pto idle on the wheel . Like normally it kicks in at 30 deg. and kicks out at a certin engine temp. thanks shannon

icemanjc1
November 3rd, 2011, 06:07 AM
D5751 idle vs. coolant temp.

AdamRRT
November 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
How about PTO idle? This 2409 file that's supposed to be so great doesn't have it. And it's the base OS I've used since it was touted as somehow being special.

icemanjc1
November 3rd, 2011, 01:47 PM
The OS that was posted on this forum or the one I put up on Comp D?

DODGE74
November 3rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
The 2409 os on this forum for sure does not have it.

I have not tried the os that you sent me Joel, so it may have it.

DoghouseDiesel
November 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
No one touted it as being "special", it just doesn't have any issues like many of the other OS's have.

If you're using the 409 OS that I posted, your high idle option may work. Mine does.

easymon
November 3rd, 2011, 02:33 PM
D5751 idle vs. coolant temp. thanks is there 1 for the outside temp to for normaly it wont kick in till gets under 30 deg. like to have it set where any time it idles it will idle up. thanks again shannon

icemanjc1
November 3rd, 2011, 02:55 PM
thanks is there 1 for the outside temp to for normaly it wont kick in till gets under 30 deg. like to have it set where any time it idles it will idle up. thanks again shannon

No there's not. Not yet any way. Our trucks do idle up in around what, a minute if it's under that outside/intake ambient temperature? Put it on the request list, maybe Ross will help us out...

easymon
November 3rd, 2011, 02:58 PM
ok thanks

AdamRRT
November 3rd, 2011, 03:05 PM
The OS that was posted on this forum or the one I put up on Comp D?The one on here. Did you post one that works on CompD?

The 2409 os on this forum for sure does not have it.

I have not tried the os that you sent me Joel, so it may have it.Agreed, the one on here doesn't.

No one touted it as being "special", it just doesn't have any issues like many of the other OS's have.

If you're using the 409 OS that I posted, your high idle option may work. Mine does.Doesn't work for me. And not to argue. Just if the others have issues and it doesn't, that means it's special to me, by definition. Can you help me learn what issues the other OSes have? I haven't heard. Thanks for your help. I wonder why it works for you but not me? Any ideas on fixing it? I guess I can start over with a Smarty box's stock level tune that has it.

Can I somehow flash my truck with a buddy's Smarty to get that file, after having EFI Live on it? Even with a stock tune?

easymon
November 3rd, 2011, 03:16 PM
the easest way to get high idle with 409 would go to dealer and have it turned on then then copy with efi then would have it or barow a bully dog and turn on. Efi do not have the pto idle yet on any os as far as i know.

icemanjc1
November 3rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
The stock tune I posted on the CompD EFI Live tune library was from another (new to me) ECM, it had the PTO idle on it already. I figured if the smarty base file can transfer it maybe that file will keep it as well. Adam, are you having issues with the 2409 OS?

DoghouseDiesel
November 3rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
the easest way to get high idle with 409 would go to dealer and have it turned on then then copy with efi then would have it or barow a bully dog and turn on. Efi do not have the pto idle yet on any os as far as i know.

If you're going to do it, do it from the dealer, DO NOT do it with a Bully Dog file. It'll cause all kinds of issues, especially if you try to give that file to someone else to use. The way Bully Dog sets things back to "stock" causes problems.

Use a clean dealer file with the function enabled.

2006Cummins
November 3rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
Is the 409 os the only os that will allow pto high idle? I have recently realized that my pto high idle is not working, and I am also no longer using the 409 os.....

Mike

DoghouseDiesel
November 4th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Is the 409 os the only os that will allow pto high idle? I have recently realized that my pto high idle is not working, and I am also no longer using the 409 os.....

Mike

Any of the OS's can use the PTO function. It just has to be enabled.

2006Cummins
November 4th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Thanks.

Mike

AdamRRT
November 4th, 2011, 11:07 AM
You don't flash it with the Bully Dog, so I don't know how it'll cause problems. It's enabled in the "other options" if I'm not mistaken. I'm definitely not trying to reflash with the BD flash. I'll try just turning it on though. But I don't think that's the one I want that'll let me manually set high idle via the cruise control, is it? I'll try it in a bit and report back.

Still yet, I can pull a Smarty stock power tune off but the one time I was gonna try it didn't recognize my computer because it was flashed with EFI Live. Ideas?

Part of the fear is starting over. I can just script my current tune over the high idle enabled tune, in order to put my single event tune back on right?

icemanjc1
November 4th, 2011, 12:02 PM
As long as you have it saved.. You can copy all your tables over to any other tune(stock smarty read), different operating system and what not..

AdamRRT
November 4th, 2011, 12:17 PM
yeah i know I can copy the tables, but can I script it instead? MUCH faster.

Is it enabled in the tune you mentioned posting, Joel?

icemanjc1
November 4th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I'm guessing so, but I don't know how to do that I guess. I've always copied and pasted each table.

And yes it is enabled in that tune.

DoghouseDiesel
November 4th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Using the Bully Dogs "other" features programs the TIPM and the ABS module. This is where the problems arise.

You only tune your truck. Those of us that do multiple trucks see the problems it causes.

That's one reason that if someone isnt the original owner of the truck or doesn't know the full history of the truck, we don't even use his stock tune. Bully Dog causes more problems than any other programer out there. You can almost be guaranteed a CEL or ABS light when using a "stock" file from a truck tuned with a BD tuner; it incorrectly sets the checksum values

This is not just isolated to EFILive either. I can count on one hand the number ECM issues we've had with very other brand of tuner combined. Bully Dog......can't count the number of TIPM's that we've had to replace.

Like I said, use a clean dealer file to enable the function, not a buddies Bully Dog.

DODGE74
November 5th, 2011, 04:49 AM
It would be sweet if Ross could figure out how to do it with EFI.

Hopefully he will work on it in the future.

DoghouseDiesel
November 5th, 2011, 05:35 AM
It's a feature in TIPM.

If your truck has it enabled from another tuner or from the factory, it should still work, as EFILive doesn't touch the TIPM or ABS module.

DODGE74
November 5th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Then what the heck happened to mine?

I had it and now I dont since I flashed with the new 2409 os.

Same with the mirror defroster light, it keeps flashing. I've flashed the truck about 20 times now and its still doing it. Whats wierd about that is some times when I'm doing a flash its flashing and other times it doesnt. I dont know. I just wish someone knew whats going on.

DoghouseDiesel
November 5th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Not sure.

Flashing the truck shouldn't effect that. Just like it should effect you tire size if you've previously adjusted it.

DODGE74
November 5th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Yeah, my tire size remained fine. It shows factory in EFI but its still correct from when I adjusted with the Smarty.

icem237
November 11th, 2011, 08:31 PM
When i change OS's from one that has the high idle enabled to a stock one that hasnt been touch , my high idle goes away also. I always heard it was function of the TIPM , but when flashing a OS that came from a truck i know didnt have it enabled it doesnt work.

Makes me wonder?????

icemanjc1
November 11th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Me too....

AdamRRT
November 12th, 2011, 03:21 AM
You mean the manual high idle (cruise control button)?
Or the auto high idle?
The Bullydog high idle is the auto. Not manual. I just tried it 3 days ago. It made no difference on the manual high idle.

icem237
November 12th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Yeah the high idle controlled by the cruise.... I had it active with a bully dog and smarty. but if i goto a tune that doesnt have this feature turned on, it vanishes. Which makes me wonder why if it is in the TIPM why is it affected when changinge the tune in the ECM..... makes me scratch my head.

AdamRRT
November 12th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Maybe we get wrong info cause guys use the wrong terminology on a lot of posts I've seen (not this one).

To clarify:
Manual high idle - manually increases idle speed using the cruise button.
Auto high idle - automatically increases idle speed based on temp (IAT?).
Despite some people's misconceptions, the words manual and auto have nothing to do with transmission in this context. Although yes there's special consideration for a manual needing a certain ECM pin grounded.

So I know my old 2.4D CL BDTD only did auto high idle. Which makes sense since it was based off old Dodge software before manual high idle was out. And Smarty added manual high idle about 2.5yr ago when Dodge added it to their software.

Based upon this info and my experience, it's a likely deduction that the auto high idle is in the TIPM, while the manual high idle is in the ECM.

icem237
November 12th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Maybe we get wrong info cause guys use the wrong terminology on a lot of posts I've seen (not this one).

To clarify:
Manual high idle - manually increases idle speed using the cruise button.
Auto high idle - automatically increases idle speed based on temp (IAT?).
Despite some people's misconceptions, the words manual and auto have nothing to do with transmission in this context. Although yes there's special consideration for a manual needing a certain ECM pin grounded.

So I know my old 2.4D CL BDTD only did auto high idle. Which makes sense since it was based off old Dodge software before manual high idle was out. And Smarty added manual high idle about 2.5yr ago when Dodge added it to their software.

Based upon this info and my experience, it's a likely deduction that the auto high idle is in the TIPM, while the manual high idle is in the ECM.

Yeah i know what your sayin, I just only had control of the manual high idle with the bully dog on the later software than the crazy larry.

I wonder how hard it would be for Ross and company to make the TIPM programmable with efi? I know it would come at a much later date if at all.

DODGE74
November 12th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I had my manual high idle flashed in by the dealers Star Scan before I had my Smarty and it was removed when I flashed in the new OS.

So I'm really not convinced that its a function in the TIPM.

06redram
November 12th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Bump

06redram
November 12th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I had my manual high idle flashed in by the dealers Star Scan before I had my Smarty and it was removed when I flashed in the new OS.

So I'm really not convinced that its a function in the TIPM.

Same here

AdamRRT
November 13th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I'm positive that manual high idle isn't in the TIPM. So hopefully Ross can get it into the next release or two. Can it be tough when we have BullyDog changing it?
I think we need tire size changes too, but that's another thread.