PDA

View Full Version : o8lmm new pcm help

akaponch
November 4th, 2011, 09:39 AM
can anyone help. i am buying a new pcm for my truck. the pcm is brand new from dealer. the guy is saying i need a tech to to program them the first time. is this true? Can it be done with EFILIVE? Can i load the OS from the current pcm i have?

Motorzane
November 5th, 2011, 03:09 AM
Why are you getting a new PCM

akaponch
November 5th, 2011, 03:16 AM
i am replacing the original just for tuning purposes. just for dpf and egr delete. im keeping original for dealer visits.

Brian1
November 5th, 2011, 06:07 AM
EFILive can full flash a blank LMM ECM. If normal dealer visit I say no problem even with tuned ECM in there. You be putting the DPF and DOC back on alot if you go a lot. Put the stock ECM back in and be throwing codes for no DPF and no or blocked EGR. If more of say a blown head gasket or slipping Allison then they will most likely know based on regen count it was modified for some period of time so it will cost you there. Seem you are worried about a warranty so might be set to leave as is. But do tuning and keep it the tuning on the low end of power.

Brian

killerbee
November 6th, 2011, 04:30 AM
can anyone help. i am buying a new pcm for my truck. the pcm is brand new from dealer. the guy is saying i need a tech to to program them the first time. is this true? Can it be done with EFILIVE? Can i load the OS from the current pcm i have?

Yes. We provide ECM's with factory tuning without a tech 2 routinely.

akaponch
November 8th, 2011, 09:53 AM
thanks for the help. if its a factory blank pcm do i read the OS from old and program the new one with it? Is that what it means by blank? or will it come with an OS already. I already have an extra license for the Efilive in case i need it. i will be getting the new pcm tonight..

killerbee
November 8th, 2011, 11:41 AM
It can be bench loaded with EFILive using the original tune.