PDA

View Full Version : Dtcs set after ECM swap and repin

Cool28
November 7th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Ok well she starts that's a good thing lol. I have 2 dtc p0449 evap and p1637 generator something.

Evap I guess is the canister and I read the other one is something about the alternator???

Could I have repined something wrong?

Taz
November 7th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Hello Cool28,

I can't recall what you are working on / with ... posts become a blur after awhile. If you don't want to retype your setup each time, just listed it as your signature.

Anyway, P0449 indicates a problem with the EVAP Vent Solenoid Control - you may not even have one in your vehicle.

P1637 relates to the alternator (generator) "L" terminal - which most Gen III vehicles use - it usually connects to a red lamp / indicator that will display "Battery" or something similar - lets you know if the alternator is not charging - usually comes on with the ignition key in the run position, prior to starting the vehicle.

If you are certain your alternator is charging - then you could disable this (set to Not Reported).

P1638 relates to the alternator "F" terminal - which at all Gen III vehicles use - if the alternator is charging - this may also be disabled.

Alternatively, both the "L" and "F" terminals may be wired to be active - whichever you prefer.

Regards,
Taz

Cool28
November 7th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Oh it's a 98 transam that I swapped to a 02 program. The diagram for the generator say it's a wire coming off the alternator itself. Evap I have no idea going to check make sure I have the right wires to it. It is setting 3 codes for evap

Taz
November 7th, 2011, 03:33 PM
... The diagram for the generator say it's a wire coming off the alternator itself ...

Yes sir ... that's the "L" terminal I was attempting to describe. The Camaro only uses the "L" terminal - some Gen III trucks would use both (L & F).

See schematic attached below ...

Regards,
Taz