PDA

View Full Version : EFI Live Spade

PeaEye
November 8th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Why is there no mention of the EFI Spade here??

ScarabEpic22
November 8th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Umm what exactly are you referring to as the "EFILive Spade"? Ive never heard of any such thing existing before...

vortecfcar
November 8th, 2011, 09:18 AM
www.Duramaxtuner.com/SPADE

The product is based off EFILive Autocal unit. It's an autocal here - it's a SPADE after it leaves our shop ;)

Nick

ScarabEpic22
November 8th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Ah gotcha Nick, not familiar with your specific product offerings so thats why I didnt pick up on the terminology.

Cool way to differentiate different tunes, good idea! Plus AutoCals are pretty friggin sweet, this is THE perfect use for them!

PeaEye
November 8th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Well I just purchased and installed the EFI SPADE. The truck really runs nicely. Very Smooth. Works for me as I don't intend to do allot of tuning, Only for my purpose. I'm Happy!

vortecfcar
November 15th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Glad to hear it. We're really excited with the new product. It does exactly what we've been asking for.

Nick

epfatboy
November 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Anyone throwing a $050b code when They try to download from the spade? Nick should be getting back to me Monday but if I can get the truck going tonight I'd be phyced.

ScarabEpic22
November 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM
That codes means the firmware and script files do not match up. Download the EFILive V8 software, install it, then open up V8 Scan & Tune. Plug your AutoCal into your computer, click the AutoCal button in the main page of V8 S&T. Now click the little AutoCal icon that appears near the clock on the bottom right of the screen. Click F6: Firmware, then click Update Firmware. Once the firmware is programmed, close this window. Back in V8 S&T click F5: BBX. Click F3: Tune, then click the green Read button at the bottom. Make sure the proper controller is selected then click the small arrow on the right of the Program button. Click "Program ALL Required Data (Slower)", then wait until the files are copied over. Disconnect everything and try to read your truck again. Once you have read the stock tune, go ahead and flash the new tune in.

epfatboy
November 20th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I do not get an option to update firmware on the autocal... I do get a message telling me: Firmware version is OK.
Bootblock is: 2.07.03 Jul 25 2011
Firmware is: 2.07.22 Nov 11 2011

Went thru the rest of the procedure anyway but still get the $050b

ScarabEpic22
November 20th, 2011, 03:16 PM
That means you're already up to date, format the config file system (V8 S&T->F5 BBX->Program [arrow]->Format CONFIG file system. Then click Program again and it will load the latest script files. If that doesnt do it, then probably have to wait for Nick on Monday.

epfatboy
November 20th, 2011, 03:21 PM
That says It's going to delete config files on the device... That won't touch the tunes which are pre-installed will it?

ScarabEpic22
November 20th, 2011, 07:53 PM
No, tunes are in the data section of memory, script files are in the config section of memory. If you're worried, copy the tunes over to your computer using EFILive Explorer.

epfatboy
November 21st, 2011, 02:09 AM
Thanks for all your help....

Copied the Tune and config files to my laptop before I tried this. Went ahead and gave it a try and ran into not enough space issues. I unchecked everything I could and there still was not enough free space. My guess at the time was that this is how they are locking the autocal down but I could be wrong. Here is the interesting part. I then opened up the explorer window again and all my config files on the autocal were gone. I had to get out of the house so I just copied them back from my laptop and took off for work. On the way to work I thought if the config files were removed where the hell was all the free space. Maybe the files were open on the autocal so they were still in memory and the device did not believe free space was available. When I get a minute I'll try the procedure again but this time I'll reboot the autocal in-beween the procedure and see if there is any more free space becomes available.

Here is the real shitty part, now I'm stuck at friggin work all day so I can't verify if anything I do works.

epfatboy
November 21st, 2011, 07:32 AM
Nick gave me a call, looks like a little mix up with versions that is quickly solved with a new set of tunes and CONFIG rework.

I should be ready to roll as soon as I get the hell out of work!

bballer182
November 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I can see now this is going to cause a lot of confusion amongst the EFILive community. It had me guessing what it was for about 10 minutes then i had to google it. And I've been on 3 separate beta groups...

atswilson
July 5th, 2016, 06:59 AM
www.Duramaxtuner.com/SPADE

The product is based off EFILive Autocal unit. It's an autocal here - it's a SPADE after it leaves our shop ;)

Nick

I have a EFI Live Spade. It is for a Cummins. I now have a Duramax LLY. Can I use my SPADE or will I have to purchase a new EFI Live?

Thanks

MobileProg
July 5th, 2016, 09:26 AM
I have a EFI Live Spade. It is for a Cummins. I now have a Duramax LLY. Can I use my SPADE or will I have to purchase a new EFI Live?

Thanks

You have an EFILIVE Autocal. The autocal is loaded by Duramaxtuner as their Spade product.

All Autocal's work on all auto cal applicable vehicles. You should give duramaxtuner.com support a call and get with them.

atswilson
July 6th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Thank you
I will contact them.