PDA

View Full Version : flashing yellow lights.

aaronr
November 8th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I was updating the firmware and then two yellow light started flashing on the v2. What does this mean and is there a way to fix it?

joecar
November 8th, 2011, 08:13 AM
The alternating flashing yellow LEDs means you just flashed in the bootblock, and V2 is now in dead poll mode, i.e. V2 is waiting for the firmware to be flashed in;

i.e.you now have to flash in the firmware.

When you're done, your firmware should be at version 2.07.22 (from V8 build 170), please verify this.

aaronr
November 8th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Ever time plug into the laptop the two yellow lite start flashing. So you are saying need to flash the bootloader again?

aaronr
November 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Can you please write in more detail on what needs to be done. Thanks

ScarabEpic22
November 8th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Open V8 Scan & Tune with your V2 plugged in. Double click the V2 icon in the windows taskbar by the clock, then click the F6 Firmware tab. Click Update BootBlock first if it says there is a newer BootBlock available, then once the yellow lights start flashing again click Update Firmware. Should reboot and be back to normal. Go ahead and exit this window. Now format the config section and recopy all of the config files over. Use EFILive Explorer with the V2 connected, click F9 Config, then click Format Config. Exit EFILive Explorer and return to V8 Scan & Tune. In V8 S&T click F5 BBX, then make your selections and click Program. Should be ready to go now and be fully updated.

joecar
November 8th, 2011, 01:43 PM
With flashing yellow lights, click Update Firmware as Erik said.

Note that bootblock and firmware are not the same thing.

aaronr
November 8th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks guys I got work again.