PDA

View Full Version : Can the scan tool capture exhaust temp in the logs ?

someguy
November 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Is there any way that the scan tool could capture exhaust temp on the 6.7L in the logs, so that one could make a map of it versus fuel rate, air flow and equivalence ratio ?

Thanks

DoghouseDiesel
November 10th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Yup, you'll be able the EGT probes the truck already has for post turbo temps or you could use a pre turbo thermocouple and use the connectors that come with the V2 and run it as an external sensor.

AH64ID
November 11th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Could you move the OEM sensor pre-turbo? If so, would there be any benefit to it?

DoghouseDiesel
November 11th, 2011, 03:18 AM
I talked about this with Ross.

The problem with doing that is the length of the probe. It's longer than a normal probe that you'd see with an EGT gauge and will bottom out if you try to use it pre-turbo.

AH64ID
November 11th, 2011, 03:27 AM
That solves that I guess!

DoghouseDiesel
November 11th, 2011, 04:37 AM
You could do it if you wanted to mess with a few adapters to add some height, but for what it's worth, it's just as easy to run an external probe to the V2.

someguy
November 11th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Is there a fuel limiter map based on EGT ?

That would be a really neat way to tune if there was !

DoghouseDiesel
November 11th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I'm sure there is, but it's not one that we've seen yet.

That's not really one that you want to "tune" with persay, that's more of a safety backdown.

There will be points that you'll hit higher temps and then they'll drop, especially if you're using larger chargers.

It would certainly be a good limiter for a tow tune with a stock exhaust though.