PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT! 2002 Silverado Wont Start After Electric Fan

ippielb
November 11th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Just put on a Flex-A-Lite dual electric fan kit on my 2002 silverado. Followed all the directions for wiring and installation. But now when i turn the key into the "start" position, my truck goes haywire. The front differential shifts, lights turn on and off, my gauges don't show my fuel level or anything. I've checked all the ignition fuses and they're all good, and all the connections for my wiring, and they're all good as well.

I need my truck this weekend as i'm moving out of Province.

I have a few codes coming up.

SRS U1000
SRS U1064
SRS U1096
PCM 0300

$10 PayPal For Person Who Helps Me Fix Problem

Battery is 12.47v at rest, i do not know the voltage under load when cranking, I have checked all the fuses and they are intact none are blown.

I have disconnected the electric fan all together and started the truck and it gives me the misfire code, and yes, it is very much so missing. The passenger side is dumping moisture out the tail pipe pretty bad(true dual).

ChipsByAl
November 11th, 2011, 11:41 AM
How was it running before the fan installation? More than likely you have a ground problem. Is there any other non-GM electrical add on devices.

ScarabEpic22
November 11th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Im with Al, sounds like a ground problem. Go back and undo whatever you did just prior to installing the efans.

ippielb
November 11th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Truck ran perfect before e fan. I have HID kits for high and low beams. And an air horn that is run on a toggle switch. So it doesn't use power until it is bein used. I har disconnected both positive and negative ok the electric fan and it misses. I think a plug has fouled. I am trying new plugs right away here. And will try to start the truck. Hopefully it doesn't miss. Then I can move onto the electric fan to make sure theres no other problems.

ippielb
November 12th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Bought new plugs, still doesn't run well at all, Passenger side header is very hot, and makes a lot of condensation out passenger tail pipe. Drivers side idles normal and headers are cool. No condensation out drivers side tailpipe.

ippielb
November 12th, 2011, 12:04 PM
So.. That was totally random. I took my EFI live and put the tune back to stock... If anyone read that how the front differential shifted every time i turned the key? Well, i started the truck, it was still idling like crap, so i turned it off again... Frustrated i started it again and was keeping it running by holding rpm at around 1100 rpm. And then all the sudden there was a *click* and the front differential shifted and my truck started to idle normally.... So... I guess the front differential was the problem...?