PDA

View Full Version : 427 stroker fuel surge help?

hemi_power_3@hotmail.com
November 11th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Hello i just installed my 427 stroker into my truck and have a few issues. first off it wouldnt idle. i bumped idle upto 1100 rpm and now it holds its own. as soon as i put it into gear or slow down it wants to die. i also have a slight intermittent fuel drop off. when going highway speed i get a slight surge and my afr gauge goes to 18 then instantly back to 14.7. anyone have any ideas for a fix? im attaching my tune im currently working with. i will have a data log up tomorrow. :pokey:
thanks
Brandon

hemi_power_3@hotmail.com
November 15th, 2011, 08:10 PM
now the engine sometimes peggs out at 17 afr and takes a few seconds to come down. mostly happens when i come down. heres a datalog of a quick drive about 2 km. the afr did drop off on this test i made sure :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

IN OVER MY HEAD :help2:

joecar
November 16th, 2011, 07:08 AM
What year/model is this (I'm out of town so I can't view your files)...?

If it's a GenIV then do this (requires widebane):
- do the VVE tutorial,
- correct the MAF,
- perform idle tuning.

hemi_power_3@hotmail.com
November 18th, 2011, 02:22 AM
helo joe
this is a 2005 gmc sierra
i will try this as soon as i get some time.
thankyou very much

hemi_power_3@hotmail.com
November 26th, 2011, 07:29 AM
hey guys here is my new tune havnt tested it yet truck is on blocks. But tell me what you think. anything need changing?

joecar
November 26th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Is your FPR manifold referenced...? If so, theb your B4001 should be flat.

joecar
November 26th, 2011, 08:38 AM
You might want to try the Calc.VET tutorial, read post #1 it contains everything you need.

hemi_power_3@hotmail.com
November 26th, 2011, 09:49 AM
hello joe car. the cats are cut out of this truck will this effect me in any way with tuning like this? it sounds like this deletes my maf sensor? sorry im extremely new at this stuff. was this the link im supposto check?
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-A-New-Twist-on-CALC.-VE-Table..Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table.&highlight=calc.vet

hemi_power_3@hotmail.com
November 26th, 2011, 10:03 AM
sure would be nice if i could find someone to tune this for me so i could drive the truck again. Been carpooling to work. :yucky:

joecar
November 26th, 2011, 10:23 AM
hello joe car. the cats are cut out of this truck will this effect me in any way with tuning like this? it sounds like this deletes my maf sensor? sorry im extremely new at this stuff. was this the link im supposto check?

A-New-Twist-on-CALC.-VE-Table..Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-A-New-Twist-on-CALC.-VE-Table..Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table.&highlight=calc.vet)Yes, that is the one.

The log file you posted shows that your MAF and O2's seem to be working; the Calc.VET tutorial corrects your MAF table and calculates your VE table, it uses the LTFT's for closed loop portions, and a wideband for elsewhere.

Follow the tutorial, read it carefully and take a few logs and post them here
(if you don't have a wideband you can still correct the closed loop portions).