PDA

View Full Version : Final Word on Injectors... - RESOLVED!

Behold
November 13th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Right Im sure I have annoyed a few of you on this!! I have now resolved the data issue for the

0280-155-968 (0280155968) - Green Giant Injectors....

The Ford data for them - http://www.boschdealer.com/specsheets/0280155968cs.jpg

and then there is the

0280-150-558 (0280150558)(m-9593-f302) - Green Top Injectors

The Ford Data for them - http://www.trafficjams.ca/Performance/Images/m-9593-f302.pdf

As you can see there data is IDENTICAL.... So Im now using the converted data for the Green Tops to run my Green Giants. Ill be fitting these shortly and report how they run...

Thought I would post this to help anyone else.

Lextech
November 13th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Can you elaborate on what "Green Top" and "Green Giant" injectors are? I am not using Ford injectors but would like to know.

Jeff

mr.prick
November 13th, 2011, 06:50 PM
These 2 injectors are not rated the same nor do they have the same impedance.
How could the settings from one cross over to the other?

It appears this "MMP" outfit has taken the data from one injector and
pasted the others part number in. (along with their logo) :sneaky:

Behold
November 14th, 2011, 12:02 AM

Hmmm. interesting.... I have also been informed by another company that sell these for use with there supercharger kits that they use the Green Top/SVO information for these injectors as there very close....

Where is your information that states there not the same? (This is a genuine question not a question of your knowledge/integrity. I know how text can come over incorrect)

Ta

Aloicious
November 14th, 2011, 05:10 AM

not to mention they're built differently one being a old style wider body EV1 injector, the other being a newer 'pencil' style EV6 injector, and I guarantee that they'll have different SPA/offsets/etc....it does appear that the data was just copied from one table to the next.

also worth noting is that ford rates their injectors in most all aspects ALOT differently than GM, so for things like SPA tables, you can't simply copy ford data over to a GM PCM...flow rates can be easily converted, however manufacturing variances can be quite a bit, IIRC something like 5% variable from the factory...the only way to know what YOUR injectors are flowing and how balanced they are is to have them flowtested.

Aloicious
November 14th, 2011, 05:23 AM
here is some info to show they are not the same incase you were wondering, (this table is not going to look pretty in a post. I'll try to make it readable)

Part Number--------N-Heptane Flow g/min @ 3 Bar-------Coil Resistance (ohms)-----Design Type-------Connector--------Comments
0 280 150 558--------326.8----------------------------------14.5----------------------EV 1----------1 287 013 003-----none
0 280 155 968--------310.0----------------------------------12.0----------------------EV 6----------1 287 013 003-----Dual Spray/Long Body

from this data alone you can see that they don't share a whole lot of anything, one of those tables you linked to is just a copy of the other one with the injector part # changed...

this data is directly from Bosch who manufactures both of them...
http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/downloads/fuelinjectors.pdf

mr.prick
November 14th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Where is your information that states there not the same? (This is a genuine question not a question of your knowledge/integrity. I know how text can come over incorrect)

witchhunter.com (http://www.witchhunter.com/injectordata1.php4)

12269 12270

Behold
November 18th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hmmmmm now I'm back where I started

Behold
November 18th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Although the injectors I keep finding online state EV1 as a connector. Lots conflicting. Also the flue ray at 3 bar changes alot

Aloicious
November 18th, 2011, 01:33 PM
EV1 is the actual build style of injector, its externally recognized by the plug differences, but there are internal differences between EV1 and EV6 and EV14, etc as well.

Behold
November 18th, 2011, 09:49 PM
So your saying it's an ev6 with an ev1 connector????

Aloicious
November 18th, 2011, 11:19 PM
So your saying it's an ev6 with an ev1 connector????

?????....no, I'm don't even know which injector you're refering to, I'm just saying there is more differences between ALL EV1's and EV6's other than the connector.

Behold
November 19th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Never mind!! cross wires and late night. Right few questions....

Attached is a run out on the 0280155968 injectors. Its poor below 20kpa but seems ok up to 100kpa and over that a bit eratic but not as bad as I thought it would be. Attached is my tune and scan. I have another which I have tried calculating of the Ford data that im gonna try but not sure about it. It has higher flow rates and higher voltage table.....???

Questions are what should I change first to alter my settings to get it closer to what it was before changing the injectors??
The retaining clips on the ol
d injectors don't fit. I personally don't see a need for them except on removal of the fuel system? is this true?

finally is there any calc Pids I can use to help tune in the injectors a bit or is it just trial and error and i might get lucky!?