PDA

View Full Version : LBZ with 68mm Cheetah not boosting over 12.4psi

LBZoom
November 14th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Hey guys,
Just put a Fleece 68mm Cheetah on my LBZ, so far I've only ran my economy tune until I get this issue figured out..... the gauge won't show over 12.4 psi of boost no matter what I do....

I've tried increasing the MAF scale, I've double checked my intercooler connections and such, I've increased my max allowed MAF voltage, and I've also made sure that my vane positions werent being inhibited by the max vane position tables.... And my max boost is currently set for about 31psi actual..... no leaks on the exhaust side that I've found, it spools quick and then flatlines.....

I've still got some testing to do but didn't know if anyone might have any "tricks" to speed up my learning curve on this one..... :cheers:

I'm going to put a fresh fuel filter on it, maybe that will help, it kinda feels stopped up a little, we'll see

Dmaxink
November 14th, 2011, 04:09 AM
is vane position following commanded? fuel liter should show up a frp not meeting desired if that was the issue

LBZoom
November 14th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Vane position seems close or a tad high actually......

Dmaxink
November 14th, 2011, 04:15 AM
fueling following as commanded as well? If so you should have a serious amount of smoke behind ya..

LBZoom
November 14th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Well this is just my econo tune so it's not got any pulse width mods, but it hits 120mm3 no problem.....

LBZoom
November 14th, 2011, 04:21 AM
I'm starting to think it's got to be a boost leak.... but I don't know that it would be so consistent if that was the case

robof16
November 14th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Vanes: Should hear the std Cheetah whistle, especially at low boost, right? If they are not closing down any - low boost.
What Dmaxink said about smoke is true, you should have a lot of it.
How does the truck run?
Boost leak: Don't forget to check the connection on the outlet side of the intercooler where it attaches to the intake manifold - assuming you disconnected there.

LBZoom
November 14th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Yeah, turbo whistles like crazy at 900 rpm, lots of smoke not so much, again this tune has no increase in pulse width so there might be a light haze at best with the tuning i have....

Runs great, spools great until it hits that 12.4 psi mark than it's like it runs out of air....or something..... I checked the top of the passenger intercooler boot it was sealed, I'll take the liner out and look closer at the bottom side of it.

robof16
November 14th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Forgot to ask - no low boost code?
Even on a near-stock tune I'd think you would see smoke when trying to go over 12.4 PSI and at the same time throw a low boost code.
If you loosened the intake manifold when installing the turbo, EGR bolts / gaskets could be the culprit.

LBZoom
November 14th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Got it, passenger side intercooler hose had a loose clamp.... Don't worry I already chewed out the guy that helped me install it lol