PDA

View Full Version : Car started to just die on me. Any ideas?

FlipediS
November 17th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Ok.. so i was out logging ve tabbles.. And making adjustments. Everything seemed to be going good. After words on the way home .... the road to my house is a steep long rd by the way.. but i was going up it. just cruzing.. and the car just dies... so i pull over as fast as i can since this is a steep road. and crank the car.. starts right back up... i drive a short distance and did this again.. Its did this all the way tell i was home.... What could these be? any ideas?12293

joecar
November 18th, 2011, 10:57 AM
If it just started happening, look for a physical problem, like MAF and/or NBO2's going out.

FlipediS
November 18th, 2011, 12:43 PM
If it just started happening, look for a physical problem, like MAF and/or NBO2's going out.

Thanks will do... I should of also stated... there is not Maf. Aslo took the car out today and drove it around. And did not seem to have the probelm today. It was weird. It would just shut die..... thanks for the response.

joecar
November 19th, 2011, 10:30 AM
From your log file, it looks to me like there is a problem with your MAP sensor, it seems to respond too rapidly compared to TP...

and the wild fluctuations in MAP seem to be driving commanded fueling, this results in your wideband reporting AFR as being all over the place, and when it gets sufficiently lean the engine dies.

For example look at frames 10333-10633 (MAP and WO2AFR1 oscillate wildly), compare this to frames 4980-5252 (MAP and WO2AFR1 are stable).

Your ECT and IAT seem a little on the high side.

FlipediS
November 19th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks again... I also notice im getting code P0106, so it looks like my map sensor might be going bad?

Dewglass
November 20th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Check your vacuum lines.