PDA

View Full Version : EQ ratio (E2536 & E2567) anyone shed some insight?

skneeland
November 21st, 2011, 08:22 AM
Table E2536 seems straightforward, ive basically maxxed it out.

Table E2567 is what puzzles me. The description basically says 0-3, 0 being less fuel, 3 being the most. I changed it all to 3 and it pretty much bogged out and didnt fuel like i thought it would.

Anyone care to share some thoughts? Is it bugged, or the description misleading?

icemanjc1
November 21st, 2011, 09:14 AM
Mine is set @ 2.2. Haven't messed with it that much.

dansdieselp
November 25th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Don't really see any gains over 2.

TexasCummins
November 26th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Setting the entire graph to 2 causes my truck to bog down, so I made a few changes. Quick spooling, great driveability with no smoke and a good amount of power.

06redram
November 26th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Setting the entire graph to 2 causes my truck to bog down, so I made a few changes. Quick spooling, great driveability with no smoke and a good amount of power.

Texascummins post your pic at http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=17724

FUBAR
November 26th, 2011, 07:48 AM
One thing you have to keep in mind..is, if you set your Eq. table to 2, then you said it just "bogged down," then that means somewhere in your meat and potatoes of the tune (duration, pressure, etc.) isn't quite right. And the Eq. table is masking what you think you're tuning.

Myself, not that anyone has to take my advice, but I max out the limiters and focus on the aforementioned, "meat and potatoes," until I reach a wall that I need to adjust the limiters to meet specific and unique needs. For example, boost. If I can't quite squeeze that last little bit of smoke out for daily driving, but I want to have full fuel launching off the line at the 1/4 mi, I'll use the Fuel Boost limiting table to use as sort of a "on/off switch." I think you can get what I'm saying.

My $0.02

TexasCummins
November 26th, 2011, 07:55 AM
One thing you have to keep in mind..is, if you set your Eq. table to 2, then you said it just "bogged down," then that means somewhere in your meat and potatoes of the tune (duration, pressure, etc.) isn't quite right. And the Eq. table is masking what you think you're tuning.

Myself, not that anyone has to take my advice, but I max out the limiters and focus on the aforementioned, "meat and potatoes," until I reach a wall that I need to adjust the limiters to meet specific and unique needs. For example, boost. If I can't quite squeeze that last little bit of smoke out for daily driving, but I want to have full fuel launching off the line at the 1/4 mi, I'll use the Fuel Boost limiting table to use as sort of a "on/off switch." I think you can get what I'm saying.

My $0.02

I do have limiters maxed but I use the fuel dependent on boost limiter and eq ratio to make it driveable and smoke-free. I use stock fuel pressures but raise the maximum a couple MPa and I use stock duration with more towards the upper end. My current tune is for drivability, no smoke and power when I go all out, I'm not tuning to max power... until I get a new transmission :D

Good information though FUBAR!

FUBAR
November 26th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I do have limiters maxed but I use the fuel dependent on boost limiter and eq ratio to make it driveable and smoke-free. I use stock fuel pressures but raise the maximum a couple MPa and I use stock duration with more towards the upper end. My current tune is for drivability, no smoke and power when I go all out, I'm not tuning to max power... until I get a new transmission :D

Good information though FUBAR!

Sounds like you've got a great foundation going for you. I and hear ya on the tranny! I was pretty much on way to the builder when the tranny went out on the wife's ride...needless to say, she's got a new ride now and I'm still putting around. Lol.

2006Cummins
November 27th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I have set the entire table to 0.5, and then set the entire table to 3, I could tell no difference at all.

I have also taken a similar approach to tuning as FUBAR.

Mike