PDA

View Full Version : 6.7L Cummins swap/transplant

wilintolern
November 22nd, 2011, 08:27 AM
Hi guys, kinda new to the forum thing, so please bare with me?

I am in the midst of a 6.7 Cummins swap into a GM chassis and need some help please? The motor is a 2008 out of a low mileage Ram 5500 and I do have the ECU, harness & APPS. My main concern is wiring an OBD II port so EFI will be able to communicate and whether the CAN + & CAN - wires will need to be used since I will not be using the original BCM or TCM?

I do have a diagram that I downloaded from the Dodge site that appears to be good but could use your direction please? My concern is being able to use EFI live upon its release to tune and eliminate emissions equipment since this will be an off road NON-emission application.

Again guys, please & Thank U for any direction/suggestions!

2007 5.9
November 22nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
I dont think EFI can communicate with the C&C ECM...dont quote me, but I think its a different ECM.

Dmaxink
November 23rd, 2011, 05:53 AM
It reads but will not flash

someguy
November 24th, 2011, 05:43 AM
The C&C and non C&C engines are the same parts wise, right ?

He should be able to download a non C&C image and start with that, right ?

I'm subscribing because I'm doing a 6.7 swap as well.

2007 5.9
November 24th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Same parts...different ECM protocols.

Dmaxink
November 24th, 2011, 08:59 AM
The read has been sent to Ross :-)

wilintolern
November 28th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Hi guys, don't know if this will help any, but here is the info on the ECM..... if the upload goes right! :)

GMPX
November 28th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I don't have any of my development stuff with me here on my trip, but I would expect we should be able to tune this combo no worries. The ECM type is correct (CM2100A).
Not sure what this is all going in to, but if it's a late model GM vehicle don't expect the ECM to talk to the cluster etc, GM and Dodge CAN messages aren't the same.

wilintolern
November 28th, 2011, 02:40 PM
The application will be a mid eighties GM 1 ton 4x4 with a manual trans. So, no other control modules are present. No dash cluster worries either, I will eventually like to eliminate all emissions! Thank you all for the help!