PDA

View Full Version : update related timing forecast

relentless addiction
November 22nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
first let me state its been raining for about 3 days straight had to say forecast... :shock:

I read on a thread somewhere on this form I thought but I cant seem to locate it again. it stated that the timing error will be corrected in the new update... my question being for the numbers we are putting in for timing now, (40* to get 20*) which number will read on the new update 40* or 20*? its not a urgent question just being nosey.

i'm assuming the correct timing fiqure, might as well ask...

Thanks,
Ben Hardy

2007 5.9
November 22nd, 2011, 12:18 PM
New update will show a -20* from your current timing numbers...so if you have a 40* now it will be 20* when the new update is applied.

The timing update ONLY applies to MAIN TIMING.

Boost
November 22nd, 2011, 02:56 PM
it's about time

icemanjc1
November 22nd, 2011, 07:05 PM
And the new update is when? ? ? Anybody know?

DoghouseDiesel
November 22nd, 2011, 08:41 PM
Guys......

I know everyone is anxious about the next update, but......

Do you want a good product or half ass issues were you feel like you're getting used as a test mule?

There are a couple bugs that are being worked through in beta. Paul is working solo right now, but the man does have a life too.

He is planning on giving us another release candidate, it think this will be version 5, this weekend.

Trust me he's busting it out, but if you want to blame someone, blame all of us doing the beta testing for telling him it's not ready for public release.

In the end, you get a good product. The race season is over, the camping season is over, the pulling season is over....it'll be okay. Just pump the brakes, it's coming....promise.

:good:

2007 5.9
November 23rd, 2011, 02:49 AM
Well put Rich....We as BETA testers dont want a product released that isint right. It creates more problems for you the end user, us the testers and Ross/Paul who will ultimately have to fix the issues that arrise.

As Rich said we are looking at a Release Canidate #5 this weekend...that means that we have found issues atleast 4 times with the release versions....

Ill tell you what...if those versions made it to Public Release before the issues were fixed....we'd be having a MUCH different converesation.

Paul is doing his magic right now...it WILL be out soon.

Patience....

AdamRRT
November 23rd, 2011, 06:19 AM
Thanks for being thorough, guys. I know everyone is impatient, but you're right - we want a good product without problems. Keep up the good work, please.

relentless addiction
November 27th, 2011, 04:11 AM
thanks for the info no hurry i was just wondering. every customers has been pleased and overwhelemed with the difference from their smarty. more time on the dyno today, for another customer. i just do not like typing 47* if anyone else has that thought as well.

also anyone else trying the fuel pressure reg duty cycle? i have noticed quite a differance not as in power but commanded fuel pressure to actual is much more close. on the scan tool and the isspro