PDA

View Full Version : help! using oem traction on a ground up build (pic)

pabsy
November 22nd, 2011, 03:51 PM
Hi all
I've done a search and nothing really answers my question

Building a ground up mid engine car with a manual transaxle and custom engine harness using c6 hardware including, wheel speed sensors / ecm, brake master cylinder / electronic brake control module / brake pressure control modulator / brake booster
the car will use the LS3 LS7 and supercharged LS9. steering is currently electric p/s from the malibu but will probably switch to a sonic column

we want to set this up ideally to use as many driver aids as we can, traction control (off / wet / dry modes), race start, anti-lock brakes, power brakes that the fine GM engineers put in the base vehicle

we have the race-logic set up also but would rather not spend the money grafting this onto a system that has the function already built in as long as we can get it to work well

sooo... here the question, efi live get this done ? if not can another program get it done, hp tuner or any other?

thanks pabs

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5163/1009800u.jpg

ScarabEpic22
November 22nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Cool project, looks like you're using an LS9 not an LS3/LS7 right there.

EFILive will let you reprogram the ECM for the manual (depends on what OS is in there currently). No TCM as its a manual. Traction control shouldn't be a problem as long as you feed the ECM the same signals as a factory car (VSS, wheel speed sensors, ECBM, etc. and it sounds like you are). Do Vette's have this "race start" mode you speak of? Im not very familiar with them, but I imagine its launch control?

What other functionality are you looking for? You might need to tuck a BCM somewhere, Im not sure if the ECM needs to see the BCM for traction control to work.