PDA

View Full Version : Noobie here and have an easy question

chargedbird
November 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Howdy all,
I have a 1996 Chevy AstroVan and a bi-directional USB Scan tool, and would like to know if EFILive will connect to my ECM. I dont know the ECM # so please bear with me. I was using PPE Tuning software and connected as generic ODBII, and I validated the PIDS. Now my questions:

1. Will EFILive connect to a generic ODBII, if so please point this noob to the right thread or link.
2. All I NEED to do is CKP Relearn, if EFILive doesnt support this, can some one help me, because I can get the ODBII prompt and all I need is the Mode which I believe is 8 and the PID number and I should be able to do the CKP relearn that way too.

Any and all information will be greatly appreicated!! I have been searching for hours for software that will do this and I know EFILive will, I just need to connect to my ECM....I am so close I can tast it...

Please Help....

Thanks in Advance
Brad

N0DIH
November 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM
EFILive should scan just fine. As for doing DVT coms with the PCM to do CKP learn, you might just have to try it.

I use EFILive to scan my 3800 Supercharged, but it won't do CASE Learn. But some DVT functions do work.

chargedbird
November 24th, 2011, 05:41 AM
NODIH,
Thanks for the quick reply and information. I concur that EFILive should connect, however that is my problem. I am using EFILive Tuner ver 7.5 and I click on the EFILive Scan V 7.5. I get the window and when I click on the green button, its asking me to select a controller, I have no idea what to select, unless I choose Generic VPW PCM, if that is what I should be using then I will try to connect again.

Then If I go to Properties what is my cable type, I am using a bi-directional Scan tool with USB, so which one should I be using, the V1 or V2...once I know for a fact what should work then I can play with other settings.

I do know the comm port is setup correctly.

So if you could help me on my setup, and once connected to the PCM, then I can try those DVT's.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!

Ciao~

ScarabEpic22
November 24th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Try selecting the LS1B PCM, pretty generic and a lot of early PCMs use the same comm stuff.