PDA

View Full Version : DSP5 - question

Boost
November 25th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I have been tinkering with a lot of DSP5 lately and I have a very important question. I have made great progress thankfully, but nowhere near perfect yet. So I am sitting here staring at it and I realized something that everyone probably already knows because it's so obvious.

Since the amount of tables that can differ between the different DSP tunes are limited, they have to share some settings in common that would normally be different, since they are in one of the main folders not one of the adjustable DSP folders. For example, B0720 Main Injection Pulse is adjustable individually for each DSP folder, but B1202 Timing Base With Pilot #2 has to be the same for all 5 tunes.

What is the solution? Do I set the common tables to the most agressive setting, or is there another trick to get it right? I have 5 different power levels I'd like to use and they vary greatly in aggression. What is the secret here to make it smooth, explain please. Thanks!!!

bballer182
November 27th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Yes that is a limitation of the DSP OS. It can only handle that many tables per DSP folder. So all of the "limiting" tables in the base tune, which, BTW needs to be the highest HP tune need to be "opened up" so that they do not limit any of your other tunes in the DSP folders.

Boost
November 28th, 2011, 06:33 AM
That is exactly what I was figuring, thank you for the reply bballer!!! :)