PDA

View Full Version : am i the first to attempt this?

rumblebox
November 25th, 2011, 08:54 PM
i've seen a couple of people install LS1s in JK jeep wranglers with success while retaining all the vehicle functions. i'm wanting to install my 6.0 into my 2005 WK grand cherokee. i'm just wondering a few things about the CANBUS system.

if the LS1 computer runs the engine and gauges separately, will the controller area network function properly as long as the PCM and TCM still have power going to them to communicate with the other modules? mainly i'm worried about the A/C, windows, locks, lights, wipers, etc... basically everything except ABS and the information center, since i'm building a cluster anyway and hate ABS on offroad rigs.

simply put: what inputs are required for the PCM for the whole CANBUS to operate fine? if it's sitting idle with no engine input while still being powered, will all the other modules care as long as they're communicating with it?

i'm going to crack open a few beers and think about this some more.

EDIT: i forgot to ask about the GM transfer case module. can i use an autotrak transfer case in conjunction with the LS1 computer alone as long as i have a 4x4 OS? or am i better off just using a manual T case?

rumblebox
November 25th, 2011, 09:15 PM
OOORRRR what about a denali transfer case? can i tune that with EFI live?