PDA

View Full Version : Rev limiter problem?

67SS509
January 18th, 2006, 03:04 PM
When ever I'm at a slow roll and go to WOT, the trans kicks back to low gear as it should. The tires start spinning and when rpms hit about 5300 an unkown rev limiter activates. My rev limiter is set at 6500 and works there when excessive wheel spin is not happening. I can't find anything in the EFIlive tables to correct this. Anyone else ever had this problem?

dfe1
January 20th, 2006, 05:33 PM
What happens when you hit 5300 rpm? Does the engine just shut off until rpm comes down or does it stutter? If you go to "almost WOT" (90-95%tps) does it do the same thing?

eboggs_jkvl
January 21st, 2006, 03:16 AM
Don't know if this will help but the Camaros have a rev limiter AND a speed limiter. IF you got a Camaro "New" from the factory and you did not order the "Z" rated tires, there was a ~118 MPH limiter that would kick in and hold you back. Since you can get it to 6500 in lower gears without spinning your wheels, I would suspicion that the wheel spin is hitting the Speed limiter and causing the stumble.

That's my best guess.

E:)

eboggs_jkvl
January 21st, 2006, 03:30 AM
Look in EFILive Speedometer/Parameters. Check to see if there is a Maximum Vehicle Speed setting and a ETC Speed Govern Threshold. I have both mine set at 255 (Naw, I can't do that but I can do better than the 162 it was set at) so it won't affect me (as if I'd actually do over 162, nope).

Elmer

67SS509
January 22nd, 2006, 04:19 AM
Thanks guys for the tips. I have found my problem. My traction problem is so bad that I'm spinning thru the shift and hitting the limiter in the next gear. Started logging it and it made sense. The factory tach is so slow it is 600-800 rpms behind what is really going on.

eboggs_jkvl
January 22nd, 2006, 05:51 AM
When ever I'm at a slow roll and go to WOT, the trans kicks back to low gear as it should. The tires start spinning and when rpms hit about 5300 an unkown rev limiter activates. My rev limiter is set at 6500 and works there when excessive wheel spin is not happening. I can't find anything in the EFIlive tables to correct this. Anyone else ever had this problem?

6500-5300=1200 RPMs No gauge is that friggen far off due to lag.

If you figured it out, then good for you. Just curious, do you have a speed limiter?

Elmer