PDA

View Full Version : 6L80E Tuning - Victoria, Australia

djc123
November 28th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Hi Guys,

My first post here.

I am hoping someone can point me towards someone capable of tuning the 6L80E transmission here in Victoria, Australia.

I have recently converted my 80 Series Landcruiser from the tired old I6 to an LS2 with 6L80E. We are running the E38, and the trans is now running Corvette software so that we could remove the BCM and also use tiptronic shifting. The motor is running well, nicely tuned but I would love to find someone to tune the auto to its potential.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Danny

gmperformancecentre
November 28th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Contact Steve at Oztrack on 02 80113460

GMPX
November 29th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I hope I haven't forgotten anyone, but two shops I speak to regularly in Melbourne are Horsepower Factory and GM Motorsport, APS, all use EFILive so there will be no odd ball licensing issues with you running the Vette TCM program. Both those shops have been tuning 6 speed Auto's for years. Steve at Oztrack as suggested above may also help, but I would think on something like that having the vehicle to play with might be a better option for the tuner given it's in a Landcruiser, not a Holden.

djc123
December 1st, 2011, 09:08 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Phonsie at GM Motorsports did the engine tune - but hadnt had many of the autos through to actually tune.

I'll give Oztrack a call as we are often away on trips and might be able to organise a time to get the Landcruiser up to him to tune the auto on site.

Cheers,
Danny

gmperformancecentre
December 1st, 2011, 10:04 PM
Steve at oztrack also does remote tunes aswell.

HEKYEH
December 12th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I would not touch anything by Oztrack with a 10 foot pole. Seen his handywork first hand....

Luis @ APS in Frankston knows the T43 VERY well...

vxchev8
December 13th, 2011, 12:06 AM
yeh another for Luis @ APS in Frankston .

macca_779
December 15th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Agree with HEKYEH I'm afraid. And yes Luis is good

gmh308
December 17th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Hi Guys,

My first post here.

I am hoping someone can point me towards someone capable of tuning the 6L80E transmission here in Victoria, Australia.

I have recently converted my 80 Series Landcruiser from the tired old I6 to an LS2 with 6L80E. We are running the E38, and the trans is now running Corvette software so that we could remove the BCM and also use tiptronic shifting. The motor is running well, nicely tuned but I would love to find someone to tune the auto to its potential.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Danny

What about the tuner who did your A6 software? Or was that Phons?