PDA

View Full Version : EFILive DSP² - Duramax Switchable Program²

GMPX
January 18th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Post questions in here. Thread was moved to announcement.

Cheers,
Ross

killerbee
January 26th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Ross

I would be interested in knowing if the external switching feature could contain logic?

E.G., I want to enable water injection at 20 psi boost AND 2000 RPM AND 220 ECT, conditions are met. IOW a single ouput using multiple logic statements

Thanks in advance

GMPX
January 26th, 2006, 10:43 AM
That is exactly how it works, see screen shot for the options...

Cheers,
Ross

killerbee
January 26th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Freakin awesome!

Extinct
January 26th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Sorry, I don't follow what DSP2 is, link please ?

killerbee
January 26th, 2006, 02:18 PM
http://efiforum.iqd.co.nz/announcement.php?f=31

Extinct
January 26th, 2006, 02:41 PM
http://efiforum.iqd.co.nz/announcement.php?f=31

Got it, thanks !

Wasted Income
February 7th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Are we getting close to a release date?? I just upgraded to the Commercial version, and I"m getting restless ;)

GMPX
February 7th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Yeah, we are getting close.
LLY will be released first, LB7 may be delayed for another week whilst we try to figure out the oil warning problem some people are getting after a full ECM flash.
At the moment to do the DSP² upgrade requires some copying of tables that 'may' be a little confusing for some people, so we are looking at a way to try to automate the process before release, that is the hold up right now, do we do a 10 page how to document or keep looking in to a software change to make it easier.

Cheers,
Ross

emarkay
February 7th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Now if only we could get a DSP2 for our cars... :(

MN C5
February 7th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Yea guys! Ease up on the Oil Burner stuff. Hard to belive some of the Duramax crowd is still hacking and stacking with inferior products.

This 2 program idea would be great for us gassers. Don't give up on us Gassers:muahaha:

GMPX
February 8th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Yea guys! Ease up on the Oil Burner stuff. Hard to belive some of the Duramax crowd is still hacking and stacking with inferior products.

This 2 program idea would be great for us gassers. Don't give up on us Gassers:muahaha:

Hey blame GM, if they did keep releasing new computers for the LS1/LS2/LS7/Trans then we would stand a chance.

As for a switching tune for gassers, it's really a different deal for an LS1, I mean, what do you switch?, AFR values (why?), Spark Values (Why?).
Diesel is very different, boost and fuel is the power maker, too little or too much fuel and nothing gets hurt it just don't make power (or smokes).

Stacking is a mind set, they will change soon enough :wave:

Cheers,
Ross

MN C5
February 8th, 2006, 02:50 AM
I gotcha Ross, I'm really happy with my Custom Operating System anyway:banana: And 30 seconds is so....so.. long to wait when I'm changing tunes:notacrook:

lakingslayer
February 16th, 2006, 02:53 AM
I figured I'd post here since it's related to the new OS. I'm getting a blank ecm. Do I need to do anything to it before I install the new OS when it's released?

Wasted Income
February 16th, 2006, 06:22 AM
How much did it set you back, and what is the part #?

Thanks,
Jeff

Trippin
February 16th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I figured I'd post here since it's related to the new OS. I'm getting a blank ecm. Do I need to do anything to it before I install the new OS when it's released?

A full reflash should set you up.

lakingslayer
February 16th, 2006, 06:53 AM
A full reflash should set you up.

Can I do that with EFI Live or do I need a Tech II?

lakingslayer
February 16th, 2006, 06:55 AM
How much did it set you back, and what is the part #?

Thanks,
Jeff

Part # is on your ECM. You may want to check yours just to make sure but mine was 12244189. I'll PM you the price.

Wasted Income
February 16th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Part # is on your ECM.

Yeah...wow I'm a 'tard.

Thanks for the PM.

Wasted Income
February 16th, 2006, 07:43 AM
What is the benefit of a completely different ECM for DSP?

lakingslayer
February 16th, 2006, 07:47 AM
What is the benefit of a completely different ECM for DSP?

I wanted it so I can keep my GM ECM somewhat intact and have a backup if needed. Even though the EFI flash process is pretty solid sh!t happens. I have worked in the cell phone industry for 12 years now and I've reflashed a lot of phones. Not all went according to plan. The vehicles aren't any different.

Trippin
February 16th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Can I do that with EFI Live or do I need a Tech II?

EFILive Commercial.

lakingslayer
February 16th, 2006, 10:20 AM
EFILive Commercial.
Damn! I'm good to go then.

lakingslayer
February 22nd, 2006, 12:18 PM
Another ?. I have 2 ECM's and want to control the TCM. Do I need another license? One ECM is completely blank right now.

TurboBeagleBuggy
February 22nd, 2006, 12:33 PM
No slayer, the second lisence will be used for your TCM.