PDA

View Full Version : Looking for K type compatible probes

Redline Motorsports
November 30th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Ross suggested I reach out to the diesel section for this....I'm in the process in preparing for some testing that requires me to monitor both coolant inlet/outlet temps as well as air temps. Would like to integrate this with the V2. Who makes a decent probe /module setup that works well with V2?

Not sure if it matters but need to monitor coolant temps in the 90 to 200 range and the air from 50 to 200.

Thanks

HT

Redline Motorsports
December 11th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Anyone???

NateD4
December 11th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I'm not familiar with the V2... however why not use a stock GM one? Is there any specific reason you want a K type?

Typically K type thermal couples need an op-amp to amplify their signal to the proper range (usually 0-5V). If the input doesn't specifically need a K-type (chromel-alumel) connection you can probably use almost any 0-5V temp probe. If the input want an AC signal or a PWM DC signal you can probably find a simple converter box to hook up to a 0-5V signal.

eficalibrator
December 13th, 2011, 02:06 AM
The V2 unit has an op-amp built in. You should be able to just plug in a typical K-type TC and get a close reading. Omega.com has WAY more TC's than anyone would ever need, but you can also just do a quick Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?q=thermocouple&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=thermocouple+k+type&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=M0T&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=H1vnTsW-CMyNsALputSJCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CIYBEK0E&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=64cc341210afddf1&biw=1024&bih=570) and find a ton of vendors selling plug and play TC's.