PDA

View Full Version : OPEL 90-92 ALDL MOTRONIC compatible?

reinoso
December 1st, 2011, 10:49 AM
Hello, I have a european opel astra GSI 1991 and it has Motronic 2.5 ECM. I know it is ALDL 8192 baudios. I need to know if EFIlive V4 software is compatible and what data stream i had to select.

Thanks in advance

Blacky
December 1st, 2011, 02:01 PM
I am not sure, however, that vehicle may have also been sold in the US as a Chevrolet Vectra. The closest data stream I can some up with that matches the engine specs:
2.0 liter, DOHC, MPFI, 1991 is A168.ds

Go to this site: http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/
Then click on the "GMECM ftp site" link and download the aldlstuff.zip.

Unzip the file and open the A168.ds file.
Use the data in that file to create an xml data stream using the EFILive V4 software.

Maybe just try adding a few PIDs first, say throttle position and RPM, then see if those PIDs log correctly.

I don't know whether A168.ds will work with your Astra, I'm just making a guess.

Regards
Paul

reinoso
December 1st, 2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the answer!! really interesting

Mi car is 2.0L DOHC SFI (without turbo) . Don't know if A168.ds will describe my data stream ...

What is the difference between MFI , SFI and TBI ?

Thanks

Blacky
December 1st, 2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the answer!! really interesting

Mi car is 2.0L DOHC SFI (without turbo) . Don't know if A168.ds will describe my data stream ...

What is the difference between MFI , SFI and TBI ?

Thanks

MFI = Multi port fuel injection = one injector per cylinder, each set or bank of injectors all fire at the same time.
SFI = Sequential Fuel injection = one injector per cylinder, each injector fires sequentially at different times for each cylinder.
TBI = Throttle body fuel injection = one injector at the throttle body (i.e. almost like a carburetor).

Regards
Paul

reinoso
December 2nd, 2011, 01:45 PM
Hello, as far as I can see, the most of 2.0L cars uses 0xF0 message ID (header). So I have built this circuit: http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/aldl8192/8192hw.htm and connect it to a real COM port under windows XP sp2.

I have customized my own first simple macro, to get diagnostic data. But when I hit "start ALDL" button this is the result:

The frame I'm getting is the same as I'm sending. Any help on this?

PS. The "request data" frame has to be F0 57 01 00 B8? Why to send this 00 byte? It is required?

Thanks!

Blacky
December 4th, 2011, 02:50 PM
The ALDL commands that get sent to the ALDL interface get echoed back to the PC because the ALDL data line is a single wire for send and receive. Whatever data gets sent to the vehicle from the PC also gets received by the PC
So at least you know the data is getting to the interface and is being echoed back to the PC again.
However, it looks like no data is being received from the vehicle - I can't tell why.

The 00 byte is the table number that you are requesting.
Some controllers can spit out different sets of PIDs by allowing you to request different tables.
Some controllers will "assume" table 00 if you do not include the table number (so it may or may not be required depending on how the controller is programmed).

Regards
Paul

reinoso
December 5th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Ok, anyway, thanks for your excellent support.

Will continue testing some commands ....