PDA

View Full Version : New and just starting out

Mr.Duck
December 3rd, 2011, 04:11 AM
Hi gang,
I've had my V2 for awhile and have used it to load some custom tunes on some Duramax's.
I've also done a few calibration re-flashes.

I have never done fuel mapping or some of the more in depth calcs :help2:

I am about to embark on 2 new projects, and any tricks and/or tips would be helpful;
(I have been reading as many of the postings as I possibly can)

The first one is the wife's 2004 V6 blazer, with this one I'm looking to get a few more horse power and some control over the transmission.

The second project is a little more in-depth;
I've bought a wrecked 2002 Chevy 2500 with a LQ4 and a 4L80E, this drive-train will be transplanted into a heavily modified 2003 Jeep TJ.
Our first step is to get the drive-train installed and get it running under "stock" conditions.
Some of the first steps we will be looking at is disabling the VATS, and thinning the harness.
We will be running the O2 sensors and the MAP/MAF.

If all goes well with this project, we are hoping to enter it as a competition vehicle in some of the off-road races in the area

As I said any input into tricks/tips or pitfalls would be greatly appreciated

Chevy366
December 3rd, 2011, 08:04 AM
When did they put V6 in 2004 Trailblazer , thought they were I6 ?

There is lots of info on here about swaps and such , someone will be along shortly to help I bet .
Seems like I remember someone doing SD .tun on a transplant in a Jeep as well .

Mr.Duck
December 3rd, 2011, 09:51 AM
Not a Trailblazer a blazer

Chevy366
December 4th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Here is the other Jeep thread , http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17738-SD-tune&highlight=sd+tune+jeep
(http://forum.efilive.com/search.php?searchid=416473)Oh I see so just a Blazer , forgot about them . Can we .tun those ?
Here is another place to look for info : http://forum.efilive.com/search.php?searchid=416473

Mr.Duck
December 4th, 2011, 10:33 AM
good info thank you.

ScarabEpic22
December 4th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Yes you can tune the regular Blazers with the 4.3L V6, they used the LS1B 1MB PCM from 00-04.

The VATS and DTCs for a swap will be pretty easy, start by turning off the VATS and security related codes then try to fire the engine. Should either work or spit out the other codes you need to disable. That year usually means a DBC setup which makes it easier to deal with than DBW stuff so you should be set there.

Chevy366
December 5th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Yes you can tune the regular Blazers with the 4.3L V6, they used the LS1B 1MB PCM from 00-04.

The VATS and DTCs for a swap will be pretty easy, start by turning off the VATS and security related codes then try to fire the engine. Should either work or spit out the other codes you need to disable. That year usually means a DBC setup which makes it easier to deal with than DBW stuff so you should be set there.

Thanks Erik , never ran across a Blazer needing .tuned before .
Did a V6 in a Sonoma and S-10 .

ScarabEpic22
December 5th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks Erik , never ran across a Blazer needing .tuned before .
Did a V6 in a Sonoma and S-10 .

I havent seen an 04 Blazer, but I know they exist. GM was doing fleet-only sales of them at that point so they're bound to be rare. My buddy has an 02 Blazer and I have the tune from that, uses the 12212156 OS and a DBC setup.

Mr.Duck
December 5th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I havent seen an 04 Blazer, but I know they exist. GM was doing fleet-only sales of them at that point so they're bound to be rare. My buddy has an 02 Blazer and I have the tune from that, uses the 12212156 OS and a DBC setup.

:sneaky:You mean to tell me that little gaz guzzer is rare?:laugh:
Sounds like the same, BDC system, gotta check the OS.

How hot is the tune? did you do anything with the transmission
That is cool, if you want to, could you PM me that tune?

I would like to compare maps and perimeters.
Thanks
F

ScarabEpic22
December 5th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Only from 03-04 the Blazers are rare, TrailBlazers were hitting there peak around that time ha.

I just pulled the tune and helped my buddy track down a misfire using the scan tool, didnt touch the tune at all.

Mr.Duck
December 6th, 2011, 01:52 AM
The Blazer wasn't my first choice, but the wife thought the Trailblazers were too big.
The shifts she works and the roads we travel she needed a 4x4.
We'll get it tuned up and she will be much happier with it.

ScarabEpic22
December 6th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Bummer about the TB, IMO they're better built and the I6 is a solid engine that puts out a lot more power than the 4.3 does. My parents bought our 02 TB new in Jan 02, I started driving it in 2005 when I turned 16 and drove it until Jan 10 when I got my TBSS. My brother has our 02 now out at school in Montana, has around 130k on it and I havent had to replace many things at all except the brakes (1x, 95k), swaybar endlinks (2x, stupid design), and power steering pump (broke it doing doughnuts...). Also had the trans valve body repaired because I botched a shift kit install at 17yrs old, other than that the things been a beast. Normal fluid changes help out too.

If you post the tune for your Blazer Id be happy to take a peek at it. At least I can help with the trans side of things, if you can Id drop a WBO2 on the Blazer and perform a Calc.VET to get the VE and MAF tables dialed in. Then you can tweak the spark and be done.

Mr.Duck
December 6th, 2011, 03:35 PM
She's a small vehicle driver, if she can't touch both doors than it's too wide:laugh:
I'll get the tune downloaded this week, Have to do some reading on the wide band.
Thank you for the assistance

Mr.Duck
January 8th, 2012, 04:15 AM
I figured it out

Mr.Duck
January 8th, 2012, 04:18 AM

Blazer stock tune