PDA

View Full Version : No Balance Rate PIDs?

Heartbeat Hauler
December 4th, 2011, 12:30 PM
The truck has started smoking so I wanted to check the balance rates....first time. Anyways, I went to select the PIDs for injectors 1-8 and there are NO Balance Rate PIDs. I do have something called Injector Duty Cycle, but I don't think this is it.....I'm sure.

I am running 7.5.7 (Build 180), I have selected the proper controller E54 LB7 Duramax ECM in the DVT. I don't have an LB7 Duramax PID file to select from in the PIDs Tab, only a LBZ imperial and metric and Duramax Default.

I would appreciate dome help on this as to why I do not have the Balance Rate PIDs....thanks.

jegauto
December 6th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I am having the same problem

Brian1
December 9th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Same version and have them.

OK DESCRIPTION CAPTION UNITS SYSTEM CH PARAMETER
- Alternator F-Terminal Counts ALT-F % Conditions 1 GM.ALT-F
- Ambient Air Temp DYNAAT °C,°F Dyno 4 EXT.DYNAAT
- Ambient Air Temperature AAT °C,°F Temperature 1 SAE.AAT
- Anti Theft State VTD Fuel 1 GM.VTD
- Atmospheric Correction Factor DYNATMCOR Counts Dyno 4 EXT.DYNATMCOR
- Auxiliary Input Status AUXIS Conditions 1 SAE.AUXIS
- Balancing Fuel Flow Rate Cylinder #1 BALRCYL1 mm3 Diesel 2 GM.BALRCYL1
- Balancing Fuel Flow Rate Cylinder #2 BALRCYL2 mm3 Diesel 2 GM.BALRCYL2
- Balancing Fuel Flow Rate Cylinder #3 BALRCYL3 mm3 Diesel 2 GM.BALRCYL3
- Balancing Fuel Flow Rate Cylinder #4 BALRCYL4 mm3 Diesel 2 GM.BALRCYL4
- Balancing Fuel Flow Rate Cylinder #5 BALRCYL5 mm3 Diesel 2 GM.BALRCYL5
- Balancing Fuel Flow Rate Cylinder #6 BALRCYL6 mm3 Diesel 2 GM.BALRCYL6
- Balancing Fuel Flow Rate Cylinder #7 BALRCYL7 mm3 Diesel 2 GM.BALRCYL7
- Balancing Fuel Flow Rate Cylinder #8 BALRCYL8 mm3 Diesel 2 GM.BALRCYL8
- Barometric Pressure BARO kPa,PSI Air 1 GM.BARO
- Barometric Pressure BARO kPa,PSI Air 1 SAE.BARO
- Barometric Pressure BARO2 kPa,PSI Air 1 GM.BARO2

Brian

jegauto
December 10th, 2011, 01:46 AM
How did you get that

Heartbeat Hauler
December 10th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Good idea, it might help if you went through the procedure to get to that point. Because I have tried a bunch of different things and it is obvious that the Balance Rate PIDs are not there. Thanks.

Brian1
December 10th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I just start up the Scan app version build 180. Goto the PID tab and have the PID File selected as Default pid and the ALL for the System option on that page. Even if selecting the PID File as Duramax Imperial and Duramax LBZ Imperial they still show up.

Went out and connected to my LMM and they show data off them. the steps I did
Connect the Flashscan V2 to the laptop and let the USB interface register the device.
Connected to the OBDII port.
Started Scan app
Hit the connect button and selected the LMM module.
It validated PIDs.
Selected the Injector PIDs and some others.
Went to the Data tab and hit the yellow monitor button to start viewing data.
I included a pic of the screen.

At first I got an ERROR 11 but determine I had a PID that is not valid. Be nice it tell you what was invalid but its soon to be outdated software. it may have been my fault since I selected the PIDs before going out. I just redid it as i described above to confirm it works for me. At least in BBL it will continue if you select a bad PID so you can remove at a later time. Included a screen shot of the PID data I had up and running. Also went and directly used the BBL feature and it shows the data fine directly on the Flahscan V2 itself.

Brian

Heartbeat Hauler
December 10th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Yep, exactly what I am doing and no Balance Rate PIDs to be found. I don't get it, this has got to be a download issue.

Thanks Brian, I appreciate the effort. I gotta get this figured out. Maybe I forgot to download something, or I'm missing an update, but these PIDs should be there. I wish I would have checked this issue before I downloaded version 7.5...bummer.

Compcowboy
December 11th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Try unchecking the "supported" box

Heartbeat Hauler
December 11th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Try unchecking the "supported" box

Not checked....bummer.

Brian1
December 12th, 2011, 09:58 AM
How long has this been on your system?
Updated many times since first installed?
Try this. Back up any tunes you have which should have already be for safety if you lose a harddrive. Uninstall both pieces of software. Rename the EFIlive directory under your Documents folder. Download a fresh copy of both pieces of software and install. Verify both firmware and bootblock are up to date. Then try again to find the balance rate PIDs.

Brian

Heartbeat Hauler
December 12th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Try this. Back up any tunes you have which should have already be for safety if you lose a harddrive. Uninstall both pieces of software. Rename the EFIlive directory under your Documents folder. Download a fresh copy of both pieces of software and install. Verify both firmware and bootblock are up to date. Then try again to find the balance rate PIDs.

Brian

Well, that's not a bad idea. I will givet that a try, but I have been purty good about updating the software. But, ya never know. Thanks again Brian. :good:

Heartbeat Hauler
February 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM

Brian

Brian,
Thanks for the idea ! I finally got around to doing this and it looks like it worked.....hurray! At least I have the PIDs available to use. Can't wait to give it a shot!

thanks again!

Brian1
February 5th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Good to hear you got it resolved. The updates if not followed one after another can do odd things it seems like. But I say even if you follow them one after another something can break. Lots of versions EFIlive is using plus all the Alpha and Beta releases they work with.

Brian

Heartbeat Hauler
February 10th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Good to hear you got it resolved. The updates if not followed one after another can do odd things it seems like. But I say even if you follow them one after another something can break. Lots of versions EFIlive is using plus all the Alpha and Beta releases they work with.

Brian
Hey Brian, this is a bit off topic, but I just noticed you live in Evansville, IN. Wow! I lived there for 20+ years and just moved back to WV about 2 years ago. I go back to E'Ville at least once a month to check on my rental properties. Anyways, thanks again for the tip on EFI reload.:thumb_yello:

Brian1
February 11th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Actually I live up in Seymour, Indiana. The UA Local 36 main office is in Evansville. Never been there to many times. They have a second branch office in Bloomington so end up there more often. So ever over there let me know.

Brian

kenny
April 7th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I tried doing all mentioned before and I can only get just the balance rates for diesel in general and it still does not display the data when I start the truck. I have a lbz. I don't know what to do to get this to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Kenny

Motorzane
April 7th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I hooked up to a LB7 the other day and the Balance Rate's were all 0.0 until I drove it around the block. When I got back to the shop, they all started reading. It just made me go "humm". But I never gave it another thought because I found the affected cylinder.

kenny
April 8th, 2012, 11:54 AM
The only thing it displays is N/A and says it does not support those PIDS? Will these still work even though they show they don't support the LBZ?

Brian1
April 9th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Are you using the lastest public release software and the latest firmware and boot block from those pieces of software?
Post current version of V7.5, V8 software and firmware and bootblock.
Just went out to check with the latest and no problems on the Scan V7.5 latest public release and directly on the Flashscan V2 itself. But I have an LMM but still uses the Bosch ECM but the E35B versus the E35A which is what the LBZ and 2006 LLY use.

Brian

kenny
April 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Are you using the lastest public release software and the latest firmware and boot block from those pieces of software?
Post current version of V7.5, V8 software and firmware and bootblock.
Just went out to check with the latest and no problems on the Scan V7.5 latest public release and directly on the Flashscan V2 itself. But I have an LMM but still uses the Bosch ECM but the E35B versus the E35A which is what the LBZ and 2006 LLY use.

Brian

Yes, i deleted all software off computer and downloaded latest version of both v7.5 and V8 software and reloaded that software to my computer as of saturday. Those are supposed to be the most recent released updates so that is why I am not understanding why I still cannot log that data correctly? I have to be missing something else but it is pretty confusing trying to figure out these hidden PID's???...

ScarabEpic22
April 9th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Connect to your truck using V7.5 Scan, Info->Validate PIDs.

kenny
April 11th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Connect to your truck using V7.5 Scan, Info->Validate PIDs.

I have tried that and alot of other things too with no success? I'm banging my head now not being able to figure this out, lol. I'm going to try and get somewhere with this again this weekend hopefully with some luck... Any input is greatly appreciated.

ScarabEpic22
April 11th, 2012, 05:49 PM
OK, back to basics. What V7.5 and V8 builds are you running? (V8: Open V8 S&T, it will say the V8.2.1 build xxx; V7.5 open Tune tool, Help->About and it should say V7.5.7 build xxx). Latest as of now are V7.5.7 build 201 and V8.2.1 build 192 If you are not running these, download them from EFILive's homepage and install them.

Open V8 S&T with your V2 plugged in and click the little V2 icon near the windows clock. Update your bootblock and/or firmware if you need to, click the F6 Firmware tab and it will tell you what needs to be done. Bootblock first if it needs it. Then exit all V8 stuff, open V7.5 Scan, File->Connect, select your truck (so E35A LBZ Duramax ECM) then click Ok. Now click Info->Validate PIDs, should run through it then you can select the PIDs you want to log.

P.S. Where in Washington are you? Im in North Seattle.

Brian1
April 15th, 2012, 06:34 AM
With the latest public release of both V7.5 and V8 I have can see balance rates in both the V7.5 Scan app and also in stand alone logging through the use of the V8 Scan and Tune app. What is described to perform this works fine. As to your issue it is hard even after a full delete of both apps and reinstall of the same or latest apps. I do recommend doing the following to try to eliminate any old config files that have been created in past versions and no suppose to be used in anything newer or has invalid setup no longer used by the newer version. Do the following. Delete both V7.5 and V8 software. Next goto your Documents and rename the EFILIve folder to EFILIve_Backup or what ever. Reboot your computer to clear and registry history data. Install the latest public release V7.5 and V8 software. Update the firmware and bootblock if it has not been done to match this version. If all is ok then try the V7.5 Scan app. I feel if you missed some updates and EFIlive no longer corrects for these figuring most users have been updating along the way. Also I prefer not to do the Check for Updates option. I rather do a full delete and fresh install of the latest. Seems to have less issues to me. If it works then you can copy the tunes stored in EFILIve_Backup over to the same location in EFILive under your documents folder. It is always best to keep copies of tunes in other locations at least 2 other places not related to the internal harddrive. If you have setup any V8 logging data you can open the V8 Scan and Tune app and F5 to BBx and read the config off the controller and then save it to the computer. Here are a few pics of it working on my LMM with the E35B controller showing it under the V7.5 Scan app and a screenshot of the Flashscan V2 showing the same from a stand alone black box logging setup.

This is a little more detail info but what I mentioned in post #10 up above on getting rid of the old EFILive document folder. Not sure if you done that yet.

Brian