PDA

View Full Version : E67 going in and out of Close Loop during cruise

scdyne
December 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM
When driving on the freeway at 70 MPH in cruise control the ECM cycles between closed loop and open loop every couple of seconds.
I'm trying to figure out if this is caused by an electrical (Tune) or mechanical issue.

My MAF, MAP, TPS and Load% all track the same path and none of them line up with AFRATIO_DMA..

I just don't want to find out that it's a electrical mechanical control feedback loop between my ECU and my blow off valve opening and closing.
Since it's a supercharger just opening the BOV from decreased throttle will not decrease boost so it may be cycling...
BUT it's not under any 'load' really it's just cruising at 70 MPH..

joecar
December 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM
OL looks like it coincides with WO2AFR1, INJPWB1 and scaled AFRATIO_DMA;

when non-stoich fuel is commanded the ECM will go to OL.

scdyne
December 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM
so I need to figure out what is commanding OL mode then..?..

joecar
December 5th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Look at what is commanding AFR other than stoich and/or what conditions are causing CL to be exited...

(I'm wondering if any of the protection modes are enabling...?)

scdyne
December 6th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Like Catalytic Converter Protection..
Yes.. I'll look into that as I see in my tune now that the default settings are currently loaded.
I'll just disable it and see if that has any impact on the operating mode..

What are the contributing factors for enabling Cat Protection? {B0814} because according to 2800 RPM and 50 g/s Airflow it's only 440-490 deg C and protect doesn't even begin until 920 deg C

I see that something is reacting with too much sensitivity, just need to zone in on it..

Now that I look at the time of this drive it may be that I was pulling a bit of an incline on the 14 freeway going northbound around Acton.. There is a long.. grade almost like Baker to Vegas.. that may have been causing the PE to cycle..

gmh308
December 7th, 2011, 02:06 AM
At 89kpa on the MAP you might be right on the edge of power enrichment. Other than that O2/Cat tests will cycle in and out of CL but not continuously.