PDA

View Full Version : So Sad!

boostedyards86
December 5th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Went to purchase the V2 upgrade to allow me to start tuning my Cummins, and they only take Visa or Mastercard....all I have is Discover or paypal :(. Was really looking forward to getting better acquainted with my truck as well. :bawl::bad:

dansdieselp
December 5th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Have you thought about purchasing from a EFILive reseller? Here is the link to our stores V2 Cummins upgrade page. http://shop.dansdieselperformance.com/V2-Cummins-Upgrade-License-EFILive-Cummins-Upgrade.htm

boostedyards86
December 5th, 2011, 06:31 PM
didn't know this was a option. I wasn't sure if i could get just the upgrade from a reseller. thanks for the link.

easymon
December 6th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Zach at starlite diesel paypal.

dansdieselp
December 6th, 2011, 02:11 AM
You're welcome.

boostedyards86
December 6th, 2011, 04:17 AM
ok so now that i bought and paid for the upgrade whats next. how do i update anything to allow the v2 to work. or is something still needing to be emailed to me?

dansdieselp
December 6th, 2011, 04:34 AM
It's pretty easy. Once you get the email with the upgrade key you will open up V7.5 tune tool with the V2 plugged in. Go to V2 licensing and click the upgrade tab. Then you'll put your upgrade key in the box and hit upgrade. Then you're set. Now on the Cummins you'll use V8 to read and flash the tunes, but V7.5 to edit them. The key takes a little time to come through as it is manually done in New Zealand during their hours of operation.

boostedyards86
December 6th, 2011, 04:45 AM
ah ok that makes sense. thanks.