PDA

View Full Version : Single Injection Event for mpgs

Trapper
December 6th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Ok guys and gals I have been working on a single injection event(sort of) I have removed the post injection base table and taken the pilot out at about 1500 rpm. What I am wondering is if I should zero out the other tables besides the base table. I am very new to EFILive and have just done a little bit of tuning. I dont want to hurt the idling or cold start characteristics because these trucks are DDs. Also for mpgs would you suggest slightly higher timing or slightly lower. Thats the reason I didnt make a completely single injection event because I am new to this and I dont want to mess up my buddies trucks with the timing. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance guys. Oh and Im not wanting yalls secrets I just want general guidance.

TexasCummins
December 6th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I wrote a tune with post zeroed out completely and pilot running until engine coolant temp hits 150*, then it shuts off and it's a true single injection tune from there. To run a single event you must increase the main injection timing WAY up or it won't inject the fuel properly causing bucking, stuttering and white smoke off idle. If you're running the public release with the 20* bias make sure the minimum timing does not go under 20* (0* in reality).

I noticed better city fuel economy and much worse highway economy. Be prepared to smoke and haze... a lot! After finally making my tune driveable I dropped it and didn't go for fine-tuning it for smoke control. Below is the dyno run for my single tune (green line), I never started adding fuel and duration.

That's my experience with a single event tune so far.

olboyowl
December 6th, 2011, 10:53 AM
i also tried my hand at it. had post and pilot zeroed in timing and quantity. adjusted main timing so there was a minimum of 25* (5* actual) from 650 rpms and up through the table. also adjusted the timing cranking table some. same outcome - white smoke and shaking at idle. once it warmed up, it ran decent, but was dirty (smoky) like texascummins stated. im running main and pilot in my current file. i killed pilot past 2400 rpm's and adjust my main timing to come in from there. truck runs real good with that setup. mpgs are better then they were with the smarty by far. i would try doing this and fine tuning before i would get all wrapped up in a single event tune. my .02$. also, the other tables that go with the base table are identicle on my file.

AdamRRT
December 7th, 2011, 06:11 PM
If you search my posts, I've posted a tune that's basically single event. It keeps pilot until 1200 rpm just to avoid sounding like garbage at idle and at lot speeds. It'll give you something to start with as a reference point.