PDA

View Full Version : E78 1.4 cruse vats patch?

MattS
December 6th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Hi all. Does anyone know if there is a vats patch for a 2011 E78 turbo Cruse os 12644082. I have a company who is putting these engines in a trike and is trying to stand alone the engine and transmission. Any help would be great. The company is willing to do what ever it takes to make this happen, they need to g test the protype. Thanks again

ScarabEpic22
December 6th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I dont have a Cruze file, thought I did but cant find it anywhere.

I did open the E78 Silverado file and there is a Disable VATS Patch available (need to have a V2 plugged in before opening the tune to see it). The Cruze OSs and Silverado OSs are very similar so I imagine they both have the VATS patch. Can someone else verify there is a VATS patch for the 1.4L tunes?

MattS
December 6th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I answered my own question. I had the V2 plugged in when I started V7.5 but the V8 HAPI was still connected so the vats patch did not show

ScarabEpic22
December 6th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I answered my own question. I had the V2 plugged in when I started V7.5 but the V8 HAPI was still connected so the vats patch did not show

Got it, glad you got it sorted out.

GMPX
December 6th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Sounds like a fun project Matt, please let us know how it goes.

ScarabEpic22
December 6th, 2011, 06:35 PM
In a trike?! Thats going to be an intense ride, post some pics when you get it running!

I think one of the 1.4L Turbo engines would be awesome in a smallish boat.

sprinto7
May 8th, 2012, 01:38 AM
We have a 1.4 installed in SCCA Autocross car. Starts and runs but won't rev passed 5900 RPM.
Originally auto, now loaded with manual.

Del Long
Sprinto Enterprises, Inc
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

GMPX
May 8th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Hi Del,

Can you please check for fault codes? It will no doubt be complaining about something missing because of the conversion. However, the DTC's can often help track down where the problem is, even if there isn't a solution yet, it gives us something to work on.

sprinto7
May 8th, 2012, 04:22 AM
I need to say this up front, I'm not using EFILIVE. The PCM has a brand T manual load.
The engine is a 2011 Cruze 1.4 (automatic). It is attached to a TCI clutchless powerglide, the rear end is a 7" Winters Quick Change. It starts and runs great, but only to 5900 RPM, then "shuts off" till rpm is below that and then picks up again (till 5900).
DTCs, currently U0109 and U0140. There is no BCM or FPCM. There is no VSS, and no PNP switch. We tried installing a GPS/VSS signal, runnning through a Dakota Digital converter box to get the pulse to 5V. (no change)
Next step will be to silulate PNP switch in to pin 34 on X01 PCM connnector.
we have in the past seen p0238 boost sensor, p0480 fan relay (we don't have one), and p2227 baro sensor.
I'm out of place, but national meet is coming up at end of May and we're desperate.

Del

ScarabEpic22
May 8th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Sounds like the ECM thinks its in P/N all the time, what did you use to kill all the codes/apply the VATs? (not sure what you mean by a brand T manual load)

sprinto7
May 8th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I found a couple of refrences to the PNP needing to be jumpered on this web site. I plan on doing that after lunch, now.
The PCM has a Trifecta manual transmission load, along with tune for bigger turbo and 60# injectors. Trifecta is working on this problem too. this is one of the first 1.4 swaps that I'm aware of.
Enginewiring.com re-worked the harness, and he said it's the first standalone installation he's seen. That's why I jumped on the "TRIKE" in this thread.
I don't know ow the VAT is bypassed, but probably soomething similar to what you all use.
I appreciate any help you can give. If that means pointing me toward someone in Iowa that is on this list, that's fine by me.
Del

sprinto7
May 8th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Crap, it's not the PNP switch.
Del

MattS
May 8th, 2012, 01:06 PM
The first trike (two up front one wheel in rear) was a stand alone, but still used the automatic. There was many challanges to get the car to wind up, and then wind up with out limiting the boost. Many things had to be fooled, I will look back at my notes, it was mad at even the electric power steering missing. The second and the third trike was less a stand alone, most of the modules were used off the car with greater sucess. All three now are working, the first one is on a hacked up frame (many different powerplants in the same bike) so not much more has been done with that one.

ScarabEpic22
May 8th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Are you in the Seattle area sprinto7? I ask because I believe Vince at Trifecta is from here. If you are and want someone with EFILive to come check it out, let me know where you're located and we might be able to meet up.

sprinto7
May 9th, 2012, 01:35 AM
The first trike (two up front one wheel in rear) was a stand alone, but still used the automatic. There was many challanges to get the car to wind up, and then wind up with out limiting the boost. Many things had to be fooled, I will look back at my notes, it was mad at even the electric power steering missing. The second and the third trike was less a stand alone, most of the modules were used off the car with greater sucess. All three now are working, the first one is on a hacked up frame (many different powerplants in the same bike) so not much more has been done with that one.
We were hoping eliminating the auto TCM and canbus would simplify thing. Vince was very sucessfull in getting the 2009 LNF setup to work stand alone, but that was a compeletely differant PCM.
MattS, if you find anything in your note please let me know. We can go off line if that is better. dglong@aol.com

sprinto7
May 9th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Are you in the Seattle area sprinto7? I ask because I believe Vince at Trifecta is from here. If you are and want someone with EFILive to come check it out, let me know where you're located and we might be able to meet up.
Erik, I'm in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Vince is from your area. Vince has quite helpfull in other projects and I think he'll get this sorted out too, but the more information we can gather the easier it will be.
The problem could still be the lack of, or improper VSS. I will be adding a real clutch pedal, and brake sensor, along with a solidsate VSS simulator from Enginewiring.com.
Thanks for your help.
Del

gmh308
May 9th, 2012, 01:52 AM
We were hoping eliminating the auto TCM and canbus would simplify thing. Vince was very sucessfull in getting the 2009 LNF setup to work stand alone, but that was a compeletely differant PCM.
MattS, if you find anything in your note please let me know. We can go off line if that is better. dglong@aol.com

So this is an ECM from an auto that is limiting at 5900?

sprinto7
May 9th, 2012, 02:37 AM
The ECM (and wiring harness) is from automatic vehicle. the ECM is re-loaded with code for a manual trans, as well as much larger injectors (60#) and GT2854R turbo. The plan is to run E85, but we're trying to get it running on 93 first.
The transmission is a TCI, circle track, clutchless, manual shift powerglide (which was another fight, but we seem to have that under control). The package works very well, it just won't rev past 5900. Sometimes the logs show 6200, but that may be over run. It has been suggested on anothe list that the manual transmission has a reduced rev limit in 1st. I'm researching that now.
Vince says all the rev limits are set to 7000, PNP, 1,2,3,4,5,6. I'm still not sure about our VSS input. There is still no indication from the OBD port that we have one. I have a solid state VSS generator coming from Enginewiring.com, hopefully by eekend. That should be weekend, but eekend works too.
Del

GMPX
May 9th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Vince has quite helpfull in other projects and I think he'll get this sorted out too, but the more information we can gather the easier it will be
Del, we've heard of things being said about EFILive from Vince's company that are not very nice, given that you are on the EFILive forum posting about problems with a Trifecta tune, it's very tempting to close this thread down, but I won't because I am sure our customers who actually use EFILive for tuning E78's will appreciate the discussion.

sprinto7
May 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Del, we've heard of things being said about EFILive from Vince's company that are not very nice, given that you are on the EFILive forum posting about problems with a Trifecta tune, it's very tempting to close this thread down, but I won't because I am sure our customers who actually use EFILive for tuning E78's will appreciate the discussion.
I certainly understand the situation here, and I appreciate the tolerance of an intruder.
I was not aware of any prior conflict, and I meant no harm.
Vince did het the problem solved. I don't kniw what the fix was, but if he shares it with me, and it's oK with him I'll share with all of you. It got fixed after he pull the plug off his Sonics VSS, so it has something to do with making if run without the VSS.
Again. Thanks for not banning me.
Del Long