PDA

View Full Version : how do you transfer or create a Pid from 7.5 to BBL

scottcmb
December 14th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I have a E38 system and like using BBL but PID ""Calculated Air Flow-GEN IV (GM.DYNAIR_LS2)"
is not in my PID list for E38 but is in my list of pids in 7.5 and am able to use it when logging using 7.5.
Is there a way to transfer that pid from 7.5 and add it to my list in BBL? or if not is there a way to create this pid for BBL? if so could someone out there give me good instructions on how to do this?

Thanks guys
Scotty

joecar
December 15th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Hi Scotty, you could try the BBL pids AIRPERSEC and MAFSD.

Blacky
December 15th, 2011, 10:19 AM
The equivalent PID in V8 is MAFSD

For PIDs that have had a name change between V7 and V8 software, you can look up the name changes in the sae_generic.txt text file under the section heading "*BBLV7"

Or if you want to create a calculated PID to do it for you...
The relationship between airflow (f) in grams/sec and air mass (m) in grams/cylinder for a V8, 4-stroke engine is:
m = a*15/rpm
so if you know air mass (E38.APCYL_DMA) you can create a calculated PID for air flow as follows:
a = m*rpm/15
which is written as "{E38.APCYL_DMA}*{SAE.RPM}/15" in the calculated PIDs file.

Regards
Paul

sac811
March 10th, 2013, 05:44 AM
I am attempting to setup my Flashscan to scan for all the things in this thread (Using a serial Wideband Innovate LM-2 Sensor and digital gauge):
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log)

1. I made a PID selection and saved it in V7.5, but I don't know how to copy it over to the Standalone BBX to make a log. I've done it using V8 but don't know how to do it for the Calc.VET

Any help would be great.

2. Also can I log LM-2 as a serial wideband without actually connecting the gauge to power and a ground, or is it required?

Thanks

Jeremy