PDA

View Full Version : Idle Flare Up on start

jamesbond2509
December 16th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Whenever I start up the truck cold, it seems to fire up nicely. On a warm start, the engine races up to 2500 rpms and this is not healthy for the lifters - Can someone look at my tune and make a suggestion - I have been trying for a long time to get this under control.Many Thanks!

jamesbond2509
December 17th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Im concerned that by going mafless - there may be no way to control this flare up. Funny it never happens after a pcm re-flash or during a cold start - only a hot start and I blew the lifters on the last motor that way. This is a new motor with an LS9 Cam - SOS

joecar
December 18th, 2011, 06:15 PM
MAF'd or MAF-less you will still need to correct the VE table.

And MAF'd you will need to correct the MAF table.

You will have to look at idle tunning.

[ move thread to GenIII Tuning ]

jamesbond2509
December 19th, 2011, 05:44 AM
My VE table seems to be optumized - and I went through all the idle tuning tutorial - was wondering if there's anything else that could be done. Something happens when I reflash the pcm and those default setings on start up results in no flare up. How do I find the default settings?

Thanks

jamesbond2509
December 20th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Joecar, Is there anything in my VE table which you see as not optumized. Please advise.

Thanks

Crunkmaro
December 21st, 2011, 08:49 AM
did you log your idle airflow?

did you mess with the startup airflow correction tables?

jamesbond2509
December 31st, 2011, 12:31 PM
I did not mess wit hany startup tables - however I have been changing the ve while cranking and brought the idle flareup on startup way down and that seems to help