PDA

View Full Version : P0102 with DSP5 tune?

THEFERMANATOR
December 19th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I flashed an 06 LLY with a 6128 OS to a DSP5, and I kept getting the P0102 code. I thought it was a problem with the stock tune since it had a bullydog triple dog on it before and I know sometimes the BD won't restore the correct stock tune. So I full flashed in 2 different 6128 OS's that were DSP5's, and I still kept getting the P0102 code instantly even though the requirements for that code were not present. I decided WTH and full flashed in the stock base tune and no more code now. So as best I can tell this is an issue in the EFILIVE software or the way it modifies the file when it converts it to a DSP5. Heres the DSP5 I had flashed in that kept giving me the P0102. Nothing fancy, just EGR turned off and stock trans safe tuning.

THEFERMANATOR
December 20th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Well I switched to a 6698 OS, and it still throws this code in a DSP5 format. Only now it takes longer for teh code to come up. I give up and I'm just gonna disable it asd teh MAF is clearly working properly and doing it's job as teh truck runs like a bat outta he!! with zero smoke at all.

killerbee
December 26th, 2011, 04:40 AM
just wondering, is the EGR blocked, and did you try stock EGR settings to rid the code?

THEFERMANATOR
December 26th, 2011, 05:17 PM
EGR was blocked. It didn't throw teh code with the stock tune in, but as soon as I flashed in a DSP5(completely stock) it coded after about a minute of running. With the 6128 OS it would code immediately, but with the 6698 it would take a minute or so.

Mitco39
April 27th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Did you ever Determine the cause of this?

THEFERMANATOR
April 27th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Just something with the DSP5 OS in the LBZ ECM. I shut the code off in the ECM and it nol onger tripped the check engine light, but the code would still pop up in a full DTC search. It's been running fine though with the P0102 disabled though.