PDA

View Full Version : need help updatin flashscan v2

timunderwood
December 21st, 2011, 06:51 AM
product hadnt been registered ever by first owner. ive started it on internet. i was trying to finish it goin thru the help box on the tuner but i dont know the registration key or which date to use. firmware date boot block date or some other one. help?

mr.prick
December 21st, 2011, 08:41 AM
You won't be able to use the scan & tune software without the registration key.
The V8 software can be used w/o the registration key though.

I wonder how that will work later on. :sneaky:

The firmware & bootblock version can be viewed with the V2 plugged in.

swingtan
December 21st, 2011, 09:26 AM
Actually, you can use Scan & Tune in "demo" mode but you can't save tunes and I'm also guessing you can't flash tunes into the controller.

Basically, you have a highly featured data logger at the present time. The guys at EFLIve may be able to look up the S/N or you may need to go back to the original reseller.

Simon

timunderwood
December 21st, 2011, 11:13 AM
i got the key and updated firmware and bootblocker to lates. now when i try flash my truck it wont disconnects and says can/vpw disconnected. anybody know why

Blacky
December 21st, 2011, 12:45 PM
Try saving the file as a *.ctd (from the V7.5 software) and then loading that *.ctd file into the V8 software and using that to flash your truck.

Also, an updated pre-release version of the software with many new features and bug fixes is being released later today.
Check out this forum in a few hours for the latest update (called release candidate 7):
http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Software-Updates-and-Installation-Help

Regards
Paul