PDA

View Full Version : 48RE Parameters

TexasCummins
December 21st, 2011, 04:13 PM
If I wanted to see governor pressure when in tow/haul mode, which table would I look at? There's normal (B4524), full throttle (B4526) and low range (B4522).

Dmaxink
December 21st, 2011, 04:21 PM
I recommend using the TTVA table, make very small changes. A couple *s can make a large difference.

2007 5.9
December 21st, 2011, 04:30 PM
If I wanted to see governor pressure when in tow/haul mode, which table would I look at? There's normal (B4524), full throttle (B4526) and low range (B4522).

Normal...

TexasCummins
December 21st, 2011, 04:53 PM
Another question I have is for the beta testers - have any of y'all tuned the transmission to drive and shift nicer with larger than stock tires?

2007 5.9
December 21st, 2011, 04:58 PM
As far as what?? Delayed shifts...firmness etc...

Dmaxink
December 21st, 2011, 05:00 PM
By far my friend...bump the shifts up with TTVA, lock/unlock control on the TC has really made the truck drive-able...That 3-4 shift with lockup at say 50mph with a 87% throttle kickdown are things of the past...the 48 is very very nice to drive now. Efilive has once again raised the bar on everything.

Dmaxink
December 21st, 2011, 05:01 PM
my customers running large chargers have greatly benefited from being able to stay on top of them.

TexasCummins
December 21st, 2011, 05:01 PM
Less TPS% for downshifts, firmness... with my 35's and 3.73's it lugs down horribly in fourth with the TCC locked between 50-65mph. For normal driving around town a little less pedal to downshift and get going would help.

Dmaxink
December 22nd, 2011, 02:18 AM
The TPS for kickdown is in the parameters section i believe

olboyowl
December 22nd, 2011, 03:12 AM
just when i thought the truck was at its limits, efilive goes and releases this...thanks to the efilive crew and beta testers for the early christmas gift. now if i can figure out what half of this stuff means. i'll have to watch what others are doing/recommending as this is not a strong point for me. thanks again to all involved.

2007 5.9
December 22nd, 2011, 03:29 AM
Pay very close attention to output shaft speed for tuning...

Lots of adjustability...just need to match stuff up correctly

jordylee18
December 22nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
Would it be too much trouble for the EFILive professional tuners to make a transmission tuning tutorial?? Like what all should be changed if you have, say 200 hp more than stock??

olboyowl
December 22nd, 2011, 08:42 AM
im sure there will be one out before to long. probably safe to say sometime early next year

2007 5.9
December 22nd, 2011, 08:43 AM
Trans tuning will NOT make your trans hold more power!!!

Don't know if that is what your looking for, but needs to be said.

Trans tuning addresses shift points and converter lock up and unlock conditions.

olboyowl
December 22nd, 2011, 09:11 AM
hope i dont get blasted for this, but the new update is great for yens with aftermarket transmissions, but can the trans tuning be of any benefit for the guys out there that are still stock? i know im pushing the limits with mine and if something happens, i will take full responsibility. just curious if there are some small changes that can be made to fix/better the 2-3 shuttle shifting and maybe a little firmer shift.

Dmaxink
December 22nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
My understanding is the shuttle shifting has to by addressed physically...yes the software is sweeetttt for the stock trans

olboyowl
December 22nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
good deal, thanks kory. i have the new borg warner gov press solenoid sittin in the garage. gotta make some time to put it in.

DoghouseDiesel
December 22nd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Okay, I will say this with the trans tuning....

GO SLOW!

Small changes can make HUGE impacts, especially with the governor pressure.

Also, remember, most of the parameters are based off of output shaft speed and throttle percentage, so knowing the output shaft speed you're playing with is important.

I attached a very basic calculator to use for output shaft speed. It's not dead on perfect, but it gets you close. All you need to enter is RPM, gear ratio and tire size and it will calculate the shaft speed, etimated vehcicle speed and tire rev's per mile.

DoghouseDiesel
December 22nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Would it be too much trouble for the EFILive professional tuners to make a transmission tuning tutorial?? Like what all should be changed if you have, say 200 hp more than stock??

Transmission tutorial for 200 hp over stock.

Step 1 - Call Transmission builder of choice
Step 2 - Open Wallet
Step 3 - Drop Pants
Step 4 - Pay Though The Azz

Tutorial Complete.

DoghouseDiesel
December 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Also, those of you with stock valve bodies WILL NOT get the torque converter to lock in 2nd gear, the fluid flow channel doesn't exist.

2007 5.9
December 22nd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Okay, I will say this with the trans tuning....

GO SLOW!

Small changes can make HUGE impacts, especially with the governor pressure.

Also, remember, most of the parameters are based off of output shaft speed and throttle percentage, so knowing the output shaft speed you're playing with is important.

I attached a very basic calculator to use for output shaft speed. It's not dead on perfect, but it gets you close. All you need to enter is RPM, gear ratio and tire size and it will calculate the shaft speed, etimated vehcicle speed and tire rev's per mile.

Rich's calculator is what i used to get my trans working to my liking!!!

chance cobb
December 22nd, 2011, 04:47 PM
nice

mstordahl
December 23rd, 2011, 06:32 PM
Nice calculator rich, thats going to be a real help for us.

I know I can lock my tc in any forward gear with my current DTT trans and a lockup switch, is this any different than that? What I mean is, if it will lock up in 2nd with my switch, will I be able to get it to do the same through the table for 2nd gear tc lockup?

I would like to make a nicer tow haul tune for the trans while towing in my area where speeds are often slower on hills and it would be nice to be able to just have the tow haul on rather than pull the shifter into 2nd and hit the lockup switch.

Thanks for any help!

mstordahl
December 23rd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Also I noticed after some studying that I can only control lock and unlock points, do these then force the tc to lock, or are they just the basic perameters that need to be met and then the ecm decides when it wants to actually lock up?

The reason that I ask is that looking at the charts my tc should already be locking in 2nd on its own but it wont unless I put the shifter in 2nd manually.

mstordahl
December 26th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Anyone know this?

DoghouseDiesel
December 27th, 2011, 02:32 AM
With a stock VB, the fluid flow path to lock the TC in 2nd while the selector is in "D" does not exist.

In manual "2" it does, but not in "D".

Without an aftermarket VB, you won't lock in 2nd while it's in "D".

Ghostman
January 6th, 2016, 11:59 AM
So what exactly does the kickdown % effect? Just the 3-2 and 2-1 shifting? I thought those were more controlled by the ttva?

justinp
July 5th, 2019, 01:26 AM
I have a 2006 5.9 auto megacab. been using 35325853ak. governor vs speed doesn't work. if I make changes in the "normal" table that changes when in low range. have changed all other gov pressure tables (to extremes like 500kpa at 500rpm to 10 kpa) (no change) trying to find which table will change gov pressure when in "normal state. obviously a flaw in software (unfortunately not first one I found). yes I have actual pressure gauges hooked to trans and watching desired pressure. they are always within a couple psi. would be nice to have access to other tables for governor pressure vs tps.i have no idea why there is one there but I get different desired gov pressure with different tps positions. must have been something dodge did to reduce downshifting but causes many other issues. this truck has always had this since new. that is what causes all the shuttle shifting everyone complains about. yes I know I could block the tv plug in valve body but that causes more side effects. going to try a 2007 file and see if that's better.