PDA

View Full Version : Either P0602 or speed sensor codes

dansdieselp
December 26th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Tuned a 07 5.9 that had a Smarty on it previously. The Stock file would throw a P0602 Checksum code. So took a fresh stock tune and flashed that in. The Checksum code went away, but now the truck throws wheel speed sensor codes and implausible speed codes. I'm wondering if the Smarty changing the ABS calibrations for tire size. Has anyone else had this issue? I figure have the dealer reflash both the ECM and ABS so we can start on a clean plate.

2007 5.9
December 26th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I had to change OS to get a truck with the same issues to work right.

TexasCummins
December 26th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I used my Smarty to program the ABS for my larger tires and never got that error. Try a different OS like Les suggested first. Then check the tire size parameter under Misc. in the tune and see if it's the correct one. I think the ECM parameter is for fuel economy calculations as it has no affect on the speedometer, but I could be wrong.

dansdieselp
December 26th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I tried every stock op system tune Andrew has on the tune depot. They didn't have the 602 code, but they all had the implausible speed sensor codes and skim key codes. So he's taking it to the dealer sometime for a complete system reflash then start over with a clean slate. It's just weird cause that's the first truck to give that kind of issue. I've tuned smarty trucks with no problem with a new op system and have changed the op system in my own truck also.

Dmaxink
December 26th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I believe the ecm uses mm3 to calculate dic mileage...which means if a tune has the main pulse changed it'll be off. I'm having one particular truck with this issue as well Dan... next time its around I'm.saving the trace and sending to paul