PDA

View Full Version : Available 6.7 PIDs

Compcowboy
December 26th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I see a big list of PIDs to select when i am connected to a 6.7 but it wont let me select them below. It says you can only select the groups. When i go to the dashboard to add them it does not show most of them. I am just trying to see dpf related PIDs to do some logging on a factory truck. EGT sensors in the exhaust, the pressure sensor, o2 sensors and any others. Are these currently disabled?

ScarabEpic22
December 26th, 2011, 09:05 PM
You have to log the Cummins ECMs in groups, thats the way it works. Until EFILive releases a COS (no promises though), this wont change.

Compcowboy
December 27th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I had noticed that but there's a limited selection right now, was just hoping there was a way to select more.

Dmaxink
December 27th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I'm still running BETA, but im pretty sure off the top of my head it is still that limited section...i could be wrong...the limited section will get the job done for now though

GMPX
December 27th, 2011, 03:04 PM
The 6.7L actually has a bit more than the 5.9L to log. The entire logging process and PID availibility is 100% controlled by the ECM, we can only work with what is provided, a Cummins ECM is totally different to how a GM ECM is logged.

As for a custom OS for logging, we have looked at and tested a better way to do it. Not making the Cummins behave like a GM computer, but rewriting the scantool routines the ECM uses for tuning purposes, not just general diagnostics (which is probably what Cummins did). But that is a lot of work so it's not something too high on the agenda at the moment.

someguy
December 27th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks for that explanation. Sometimes it helps to know why something is the way it is.

WetMtnCrd
January 30th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Auto Enginuity allows individual PID's to be selected, monitored, and logged. I've done it on a '08 6.7 CM2100A ECM.